Funny Things Our Kids Say and Do....


I love hearing the sweet things our babes say...

Especially a growing 2 year old. Their minds are like little sponges!

I stepped out of the shower this morning and Lily looked down at the mat in front of the shower and shouted

"Look Momma...Paw Prints" haha

or she's been watching them talk about 'thinking outside the box' on the telly....well she got one of those plastic bins and said "Look momma....I'm tinkin in a box" (yes baby yes you are)

Last night during dinner her arm brushed mine w/her fork...she looked down and then shout
"Tag you're it"

I'm loving how she'll throw things and shout "BOMBS AWAY"

A few days ago she got into my utensil drawer and got out my rubber circle gripper (that helps open cans) and my basting brush we use for BBQ when grilling. She pretended the yellow circle was her yellow paint and started painting our walls! I love her creative imagination.

She went and got the dog and dragged led him to his sleeping spot and told him to hush and go night night...the baby was sleeping.


I have no idea where she gets her creative side.....but I hope she never changes!

On another note....Mother of the year award goes to me again!

Do you remember this post? Skip down to the oldest child getting glasses part...

Well obviously Mini Me can't see either and I never knew. I thought school did eye exams twice a year?

She complained about not being able to see the tv screen when selecting shows to watch on the DVR from the kitchen....(deep sigh) so I took Grayson's glasses off and BOOM...SHE CAN READ....poor baby...I asked how long this has been going on...she said since the beginning of the year. Hellllllllllllllllo. Can my children please let me know when they see blur instead of a clear image.

I took her to the eye dr yesterday and she has a slight astigmatism and is near sighted. He said it's not bad enough to wear them 24/7 but it will be soon. So off we go to pick a pair of glasses out. We started w/the kids and found an awesome pair...but her head is a bit bigger than the kids ...so we went the next size up. Sadly they didn't have that pair and had to settle w/some black ones. She opt'd for them.....so stand by for her frames to come in! I'm just excited that the child will finally be able to see!

I sat child #2 down and he's got 20/20....(I assume...) I just held up fingers at the end of the hall and he could see...the other 2 couldn't w/o the glasses! I think I'm ok for now w/this one!


Comments

Shannon said…
"Bombs away..."Now, that's funny! Can't wait until GG really gets talking. Shouldn't be long now!
Angie said…
Hayden has been saying some super silly stuff lately too.. I am constantly laughing at my kids. Today he is running around the house with a tape measurer. He thinks he is Handy Manny :)

I too worry about my kids eyes. I don't know why I worry, I guess sometimes kids don't talk...like you said, you wish they's tell you.
Kelly L said…
I wish I would have written down all the silly things my girls said...

Love to you
Kelly
I've Become My Mother
Just Add Walter said…
haha...looks like your kiddos are always keeping you on your toes!! so glad your little one is finally able to see again!!
Caroline said…
She is too funny!!! :)

And funny story about the glasses. When you're a kid and things are blurry, it doesn't matter...you just want to have fun!
Tiffany said…
So cute! Love all of her cute ways/sayings.

Don't feel bad about the glasses - my sis had several bike wrecks, a missed trapeze bar, tons of headaches and no one knew she needed glasses until she couldn't read a banner that a plane was pulling over a baseball game. :)
mountain mama said…
very cute. i too love the silly things kids come up with!!

so glad you wrote them all down!
kids really do say the darnedest things... love it!
Neely said…
Your kids make me laugh
nomo wino daph said…
How funny!!!!! I have a note book where we would write down things my son would say. So funny to look back. Thankfully you have this blog to remember all these cute things:)
Annie said…
haha! too cute!! i love hearing things that little ones say. lily seems very smart and creative!!
and at least the kids have glasses now and can see just fine ;) problem solved!
Bri said…
I read of your blog on Just Add Walter - congrats on the upcoming arrival of your little one!

Popular Posts