The Double Digit Party.......Mini Me's 10th!

Mini Me's 'real' double digit birthday is at the end of the month. I didn't want to take any chances of not making it, so we decided to have her 'small' party this weekend. She was quite bummed it's not a sleepover...but mom is not the mood for a bunch of screaming wide awake girls. (or the drama)

So .......we are having a "movie theme" birthday party.

We printed 'movie tickets' for the invites

Movie of choice? Ramona and Beezus (thanks Angie)



I'm making these cupcakes for the party.....

Basically I'm keeping the red and white theme and will decorate accordingly!

She wants to do the same craft as last year....(none of the girls from last year will be here for this years party) so I think they will enjoy it just like before....

I bought a huge bag of Nylon Loops from Hobby Lobby ($3.47 and then used coupon) you basically loop them around your fingers and can make just about anything. The girls last year made long scarves! Here's a how to in case you need a fun inexpensive craft for a birthday party

Instructions

Things You'll Need:

  • at least 100 nylon loops, up to 250 if you make handles
  • fingers

  1. With fingers on one hand pointing up, loop one nylon loop around your index finger.


  2. Twist loop one time and loop over middle finger. (It does not matter which direction it is twisted.)


  3. Repeat for the ring and pinkie fingers.


  4. Repeat steps 1 thru 3 with a second loop. Now you should have two loops twisted onto your fingers.


  5. Pull the bottom loop on your index finger and stretch it over the top loop and off your finger.


  6. Repeat this with other fingers until there is only one nylon loop twisted on your fingers. (You can pull the loops off to hang either in front or behind your hand, whichever you prefer, as long as they are all the same direction.)


  7. Repeat steps 4 thru 6....


  8. .... until the desired length is reached.


  9. To tie the ends, cut one loop and string it thru the loops as you remove them from your fingers. (Add another 8" for handles before tying off.) Tie in a knot.


  10. Optional: If you wish to make handles, fold down the last 4" of each end and wrap it with loops.

Yes...even mommy had to make one too! :o)

*************************************************************************************
Wednesday you know my InLaws come over for dinner...and I always make a dessert! I try to be creative each week....(you know my love of baking and all)

Well I was craving the Classic Coke Cake...but changed it up using Dublin Dr Pepper. The cake turned out great! Super moist! Major hit in the house!

Classic Coke Cake



Hope everyone has a terrific weekend....I'll keep you posted on the baby bump....he's pretty happy in there and I'm feeling terrific....so I'm guessing that means I've got weeks yet to still go!

Comments

Shannon said…
I am screaming from excitement over the coke cake recipe. Bret has talked about his grandmother's coca cola cake for years and I've never come across a recipe that sounded similar...until now! Yay! Bret is going to be sooo excited!

Oh, I heart Ramona! My second graders used to love it when I read those books aloud!

Those cupcakes are adorable! Again one more thing going in my idea file for later! So cute!

Have fun with the party, Momma! And happy 10 to Mini Me!
Angie said…
Awww...thanks for the shout out girl!!

Y'all are going to love the movie. It is adorable, and since we watched it via Netflix Layla is driving me bonkers asking when we are gonna buy it. I think she would watch it everyday.

What cute cupcakes!!! A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E. Looks like the party is going to be amazing!
Cute idea for Kate's party!! She will have a blast! :)
Kristen said…
What a fun party! I just watched Ramona and Beezus a few weeks ago and LOVED it. I loved the books and was so excited to see a movie!

I hope she has a great Bday!
Just Add Walter said…
Have fun!! I used to love making those nylon loop bracelets!! Such a great idea and stirred up some great memories from me!! have a great weekend
Keli said…
So Funny! There does always seem to be drama at a sleepover full of girls.
Jumping Jack said…
Those cupcakes are so cute! I'm sure the girls will all love their movie and craft night. Happy 'early' birthday to Mini Me!

Surely we (you) don't have to wait a few more weeks for baby Reid to come out! I want to see that little man! But I do need a little more time to whip something up for him. HA!

Have a great weekend!
Caroline said…
That is so fun!! I want to come!!
It looks like it's going to be a fantastic party! Such lovely ideas. Enjoy your busy weekend.
Anonymous said…
I think I can make this cake sugar-free, but I'll have to really think about how to make a sugar-free frosting.
Neely said…
OMG cute stuff! I had a movie themed bday party for my 10th too :)
I am so excited that you posted a cola cake recipe...I've been wanting to try one forever!

Happy (early) Birthday to Mini-Me!!
Jennifer said…
Happy birthday to Mini Me!! Sounds like you have the whole party planned pretty well. I am loving that cute craft...I am sure the girls will too. And a cola cake?? I have never heard of it. Sounds interesting :)
LeAnna said…
I read Dublin Dr. Pepper and my mouth started watering. I NEED ONE. :) You win Mother of the Year award, already. You rock the Birthday Parties!
Fun! Looks like a great party!

<3, New Follower
Just Add Walter said…
hey, I mentioned you today in my blog post!! Just wanted to let you know! Hope you had a great weekend!!
Libbie said…
I just stopped over from JUST ADD WALTER to see who else was expecting :) Looks like you are SOON! Hope you are all ready! That party looks PERFECT! & i am so with you on not having a sleepover...my daughter is only 6 but I am dreading the day! :) The cupcakes! ADORABLE!

I hope the movie is cute! I was just thinking I need to have ANnie check the book out of the library so we can read it before we see it. I can't wait to see it my self :)

I enjoyed my visit! Take care!
Lori said…
the movie party theme is ADORABLE!

oh and by the way i cannot believe how fast you pregnancy is flying by! (or so it seems-- i'm sure you don't feel that way)

Popular Posts