My Bladder Is Not A Pillow

Hey Y'all....

38 weeks yesterday and still ticking strong. Had Midwife appt yesterday and AGAIN they tell me he's a big'un....I say BRING IT ON PELVIS.

R's position is still head down (been that way since 24 weeks) and totally and I mean totally down there. She showed me and I was amazed he wasn't poking out saying hello.

That would explain why I go pee every 2 mins and when he hits my bladder I start sweating...I think I concentrate more on making it to the bathroom than anything else!

My neighbor next door (who is due 2 days after me) is 4cm dilated! HELLO...........CAN YOU SAY JEALOUS?! I don't ever get checked at my appts....I hate hearing "Sorry ur still a 0" I don't ever dilate until the day I'm in labor......so why bother disappointing me. With Lily I labored from 8pm and then 4am water broke...got checked at 9am (only a 1) came back at 11:30am I was a 3....12:30pm was a 4...had her at 1:11pm. Hey Reid...see that pattern...let's do that too!

So I sit/stand and wait for his arrival....so when you see a blog update saying

TODAY'S THE DAY

start praying for a safe and speedy birth! Pictures will follow....and if it's not until February then please only say kind things to me!

Unlike the chick at Walmart on Monday. I took Mini Me for her glasses....(see precious photo below)

I'm waiting my turn to order a pair of lenses and this chick is staring at me. She comes up to me (like in my comfort zone...too close up to me) and whispers if I live around here. I thought maybe she needed directions...

I said "Yes I do."

She said ...'when are you due' .....

me: "In a few weeks"

her "you look miserable"

me: (thinks ummmm geez you freak...that was sweet) "Well I'm ok.....thanks"

her: "i'm a physical therapist and I wouldn't dare touch you right now, but I can see you're in pain"

me: "well not anymore than usual...I'm pretty used to it...this is my 5th baby..."

her: "well I'm also a pilates instructor and I help women get back into shape and find their abs again"

me: (ok step back lady...ur not insulting me) "Abs...what are abs...haven't seen those in years"

she then proceeds to blah blah blah...and all I want to do is runnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Finally it's my turn and I tell her it was nice talking to her and I needed to order now...

Maybe I'm hormonal..maybe she was looking for a friend...but whatever it was ...DON'T COME UP TO A PREGNANT WOMAN TELLING HER SHE LOOKS MISERABLE AND YOU CAN GET HER IN SHAPE....bite me!

Sooo with that note...on the topic of food! haha

I made a Pineapple Upside Down Cake yesterday for the inlaws...(ok 2 since the recipe was for 8x8 pan and I'm feeding an army)

IT WAS A HUGE HIT THAT EVERYONE HAD 2NDS, even hubs. In fact I'm ORDERED asked to make another one today. And next week I'm making the French Version called Tarte Tatin that uses apples and cinnamon instead of pineapples...SOUNDS AWESOME HUH?

I used the old Betty Crocker recipe and won't try another since this was moist and FANTASTIC. (oh I added the cherries after I flipped it in the end)

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

1/4 cup butter or margarine
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
9 slices pineapple in juice (from 14-oz can), drained
9 maraschino cherries without stems, if desired
1 1/3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup shortening
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1 egg

  1. Heat oven to 350°F. In 9-inch square pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over melted butter. Arrange pineapple slices over brown sugar. Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice.
  2. In medium bowl, beat remaining ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
  3. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake a few minutes so brown sugar mixture can drizzle over cake; remove pan. Serve warm. Store cake loosely covered.

Comments

Sarah Ann said…
Oh my goodness! How dare she! So rude! My bff is pregnant and I think it's lovely! I'm sure you're uncomfortable - who wouldn't be?!
:) On the other hand, that cake looks scrumptious. Yum.
Tiffany said…
Wow, NOT cool! I hate how people think they can say anything to pregnant chicks. ugh!

In other news, the glasses are so adorable on her! Love them. :)
Wow! That lady had some nerve!!!!
LeAnna said…
People lose the entirety of their brain when they see a pregnant woman. GOOD GRIEF. I bet she's never had a kid. Her and her pilated abs can just go jump in a lake. :P
Kristen said…
First of all mini me looks SO cute in her glasses!

Secondly, what the heck was wrong with that lady? "You look miserable", how are you supposed to respond to that? If she is trying to drum up business she is going about it the WRONG way!
A: The nerve of some people never cease to amaze me..
B: Fingers crossed for a safe and speedy delivery
C: Recipe looks DELICIOUS!!! Thanks a million!
Neely said…
People suck, I bet you look precious. Reid be nice to your momma! And Kate looks awesome!
People amaze me sometimes at the things they will say to someone pregnant. She obviously has never had a child and is ignorant. I figure this much because anyone big for small, triplets or single birth knows that you don't say ANYTHING pertaining to what we look like when we are pregnant unless its super nice and positive.

COME ON!
Shannon said…
Like I told ya in the email, I would've been tempted to slap the lady! How dare she? Some people have no filter!

Love me some pineapple upside down cake! It counts as a serving of fruit after all, right?!
Caroline said…
1. Prayers for you and R.
2. How rude?! Some people need to keep to themseleves.
3. Love the glasses.
4. My mouth is watering. Thanks!!!
Angie said…
Seriously I'd lose my mind on a crazy close talking lady. Grrrr.

That cake would be a huge hit at my house. I always forget about this cake, but I think Gary would really like it since his fav fruit is pineapple. Layla would rob all the cherries off...ha!

Can't wait to "meet" R...and then I hope to meet him for reals soon :)
Julie said…
Praying that everything is "ready" when it needs to be. I'm thinking that was a rude comment, too. Umm...one must tread carefully when speaking to a pregnant woman! ;)
The Regal Pup said…
I bet the lady in Wal-Mart was going to try and slip you her business card, ha ha.

Good luck with everything! Can't wait to see pics of Baby R!
Jumping Jack said…
Why do people feel so entitled to tell you what they're thinking! Rude!

Love Mini Me's glasses! She's so cute!

I mailed your (Reid's) surprise today. It should be there tomorrow, so maybe he'll come on out on Saturday! :)
mountain mama said…
oh my gosh...i bet she's never had any kids! the nerve of her! i made for a good story tho :)

did i ever tell you that trooper weighed 9 lbs and i gave birth to him at home? i think i did.

anyway, will be praying for ya!

p.s. i can recommend some natural remedies for the birth if you're interested.
I'm not sure how you didnt smack her! hah I would have NOT been happy about that!!

Love this cake- it is sooo beautiful! I am wanting to get my hands on one of the original cook books-- my grandma had one and my stepmom has inherited it. i love it! :)
carissa said…
people are crazy. and don't think before they speak. geesh! you look adorably cute! and nothing less!
carissa said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts