Midwife Appt Today!

Baby Reid is such a quiet one...He has been my less active baby ...I'm hoping that sticks since Lily was soooooo active in utero and outside!

Don't get me wrong...he moves...just more easy going than my other babies inside. He responds well to when we shove him....(his heart rate increases and he moves around) and he responds to when I drink juice........so that's all they need to know. I keep praying God knew I needed a calm baby being my 5th and after LILLIAN....I think I've mentioned before what a spit fire she is right?! (hee hee totally kidding)

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO at the appt I walked in and they joked "OHHH You're still pregnant huh?" If I didn't love them so much I'd slug them!

Got checked and was actually dilated...2cm which is rare for me.....still thick, but my cervix was already to the front (good thing...think of a loading ramp for unloading cargo...you want it in prime position...and mine is...) Sorry too much TMI, but you have to admit the whole birthing process is totally amazing! Put all the pain aside and think of what your body is about to do ...NOW that is truly a miracle!!! God is Good!

Not only will I hopefully have some terrific news about baby Reid in the next week...(sooner if I could have my say) but I've got another surprise! (pertaining to the blog....) So stay tuned to see and read new stuff!! (thanks shannon)

I do want to say thanks sooo much to all of y'all! It feels sooo great to read your words of encouragement while waiting for the baby to come....esp those who made it 40 weeks or longer! Babies really do come out! :o)


Comments

Stef said…
Oh boy! Roll up your sleeves. I agree, our bodies are totally amazing. How can people NOT believe in God. Can't wait to hear the news!
Oooohhh ... how exciting! Thinking about you and sending some love your way.
jen said…
Good luck, Laura! I CAN'T WAIT!
Shannon said…
Yay for a great appointment! That's wonderful...come on, R...let's get this show on the road!

Um since you'll be blogging during the whole labor thing, I double dog dare you to do a quickie vlog. I'm already impressed by your at home birthing so this might just elevate you in my eyes to super human status!

:)
LeAnna said…
Woohoo, progress! That's awesome! Birthing is just plain awesome. How He forms a babe in the womb and then brings it into the world is just beyond incredible.
carissa said…
You are doing great. Just the fact that this is pregnancy #5 is a major deal and totally impressive! : ) God has blessed you with such beautiful kids! Hope this next week is as comfy as possible.
Jennifer said…
The whole birthing process really is a miracle when you think about it :) I am with Shannon....a vlog would be impressive. Can't wait to meet Reid :)
The Herd said…
You make me smile!! Love your tmi's...it's fun for us moms!
Just Add Walter said…
keep up the positive thinking!!!! Little Reid will be here before you know it!
Just Add Walter said…
keep up the positive thinking!!!! Little Reid will be here before you know it!

Popular Posts