Moments That Melt Your Heart




Little Dude Friend is growing too quickly.

This morning when he woke I went into his room and opened the blinds singing "good morning to you" like I used to with Lily.

When I got to his crib he had stopped crying and had pushed himself up on his little forearms ...his head was bobbing up and down (gaining strength) and he was grinning at me.

It was the most precious sight and tugged at my heart strings....here is a picture of Lily back in the day when I would walk into her room and see her smiling

We headed to the changing table for a nappy change and I blew raspberries on his belly and under his neck and he giggled! We then had this deep discussion about how silly our family is and I'm glad he's in it. Dude can jabber and jabber....I love listening to him 'talk' with me.

He's is also a quick scooter. I have to lay him at one end of the crib w/his feet touching the crib. In a matter of mins he pulls his knees under himself and uses his hands and scoots. In under 3 minutes I can find he has moved 6 inches. By the time he wakes for his first feeding in the middle of the night his head is at the opposite end. I think he could sleep longer if he didn't hit the bumper. Frustrating. No telling what he's gonna do when he starts rolling both ways.

Where has time gone?

Lily is shocking us too....Each week that goes by she grows a bit more. Not the length growth...but her little personality! She loves to spell now....she amazes me at how much she has retained.

Last night the inlaws came for dinner (hello it's wed) We always watch a bit of American Idol before they leave. Lily stood in front of the tv w/her arms outstretched and belted out tunes. For a second I wondered if she knew the words...she was singing so beautifully and with such seriousness. I was laughing so hard I was crying.

Mini Me handed over her Barbie's to Lily and it was amazing to watch Lily play with them. I've never played Barbie's with her yet...and to see how she stood them up and made them have conversations had me in awe.

My FIL takes Lily on a walk every wed night after dinner. He just lets her walk and he follows...they end up at parks and lakes....soaking in everything. He never tires of her....

Last night during bath time hubs and I were getting the 2 babies undressed...Lily went into this long conversation about how when she was walking with Old Dad she saw a kitty.

"I went walking with Old Dad....I saw kitty. The kitty went up a tree. The kitty was going to fall. The kitty didn't fall. It was scary. I love kitties. The kitty was soooo cuuuuute"

To me that was special. She took an experience and without us asking she told us a story!

I love being a mom! I love seeing my babies grow....but yet I don't!

So when they tell you to not blink b/c your children grow before your eyes...it's true. Don't blink!


Comments

Oh Laura I just teared up reading this, so very sweet. Your little dude is just precious and Miss Lily sounds like she is really coming into her own as such a thoughtful and fun little girl to be around. I am so thrilled for you that you have these wonderful moments in your life, and it's true what they say, don't blink, it goes by so fast!! (LOVE that song btw!) xoxoxo
LeAnna said…
He is adorable, girl! And that is so sweet about Lily! It's amazing how much they learn in a short time. I think about how I'm an adult and I still have so much to learn, and it just amazes me...
Lori said…
i really shouldn't have read this.. my precious little brooke turns two in a month. i think i'm going to cry. cry. cry. this is why people have more kids, right?
Anna said…
So sweet! I'm spending the weekend with my 4 nieces and nephews and am SO looking forward and craving some moments that melt my heart!
Shannon said…
They do grow too fast don't they? Like you I just don't know where the time has gone!

XO
Christi Crow said…
Such sweet moments!
Annie said…
I love this!! Adorable pics....being a mom is the best :)
Jumping Jack said…
DF is getting so big! I can't believe how much of a little boy he looks like now. Where is that baby?

So sweet of Big Dad to take Lil for walks every week. Grandparents and their patience amaze me. My parents will play with Jack for hours and never get tired.
Angie said…
Such a sweet post, you made me tear up...it does go way to fast!
Just Jennifer said…
It does go by so quickly! I remember just the other day when we were in MOMS club and Kate was just a baby!
Neely said…
I just loved this post and maybe teared up a little!

Popular Posts