I Have a Confession

Lately I've been a bad mom.

You see I always and I mean always get up in the morning with my kids when they go to school. But when I gave birth to Reid...well ummm I got lazy and tired. My mom came for 3 weeks after he was born and she was sweet enough to get up with them and see them off to school.

It helps that they are all older and can eat...get their stuff ...and out the door on time. It helps that they sort of act like they like each other in the morning and help each other out.

So one day I thought I would start leaving them messages on the dry erase board on the inside of the pantry...and for them to leave me a message back (ie...thanks mom...ok mom...whatever)

The first times I started saying..."have a great day and don't forget your lunches"

Then....I started leaving fun facts about ______. One day I did chickens...and another I did Peep Marshmallow Chicks...haha...It was fun! Then another day I did facts about Mom that they did not know already about me.

like...the time when I was 3, I twisted a girl's arm behind her back b/c she wouldn't wake up after naptime. (Yes I still remember this...I got in trouble and it will forever stand out in my head)

Or the time I wasn't supposed to talk during a dress rehearsal for the Nutcracker program we were doing...and guess what? I talked (surprise) ...and I got tape put over my mouth. I was humiliated!

Yesterday I woke up to find this message on the board for me from Mini Me...it about broke my heart w/happiness....

My Little Man is 9 weeks today!

Now that Dude Friend is sleeping through the night...Ok in my book he is...he's sleeping from 10-5 and then back down and wakes between 7 and 8am. How's that for happiness? He's soooo different than Lily...I needed that! I can put him to sleep a bit awake and he'll fall back asleep! Hello happiness! Now that he's sleeping better and I am feeling like myself again in the morning...I'll start seeing the big kids off again! I might even get a few extra mins to myself for devotions again!

I weighed him on Friday and he weighed 14lbs exactly! Wow that's 4lbs in 2 months!

I think he's going through a growth spurt...yesterday he took small naps and ate all day long! Him's was a hungry boy!! :o) Today he's back to sleeping like a champ for naps!

Over the weekend to make up for being a lacking mother...I baked the kids favorite cookies...

I've post this recipe before...but I'm telling you ...you must make them! I double the batch and substitute cheerios for the honey nut ones and raisins for chocolate chips. They freeze perfect. In fact my kids prefer them frozen!

Double Oat Breakfast Cookies
(Better Homes and Garden Magazine)

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
* 1-1/4 cups sugar
* 1/2 tsp. baking soda
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 egg
* 1 Tbsp. vanilla
* 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup rolled oats
* 1 cup golden raisins and/or milk chocolate pieces (I've only tried choc chips so far)
* 3 cups round toasted oat cereal (such as Cherrios)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl. Beat in water, egg, and vanilla until combined. Beat in flour until combined. Beat in as much of the rolled oats as you can with mixer. Stir in any remaining rolled oats. Stir in raisins and oat cereal.

2. Drop dough by scant 1/4 cupfuls about 3 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Store cookies in tightly covered container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Makes 24 (2-cookie) servings.

Comments

those cookies look divine. must.make.soon
LeAnna said…
What a sweet mini me you have! Love that pic of dude friend, he's so presh!
Lori said…
that note is SO SWEET. i think i would have cried :( what awesome kids you have!
Shannon said…
She's a sweetie that's for sure! It's those little things that mean SOOOO much!

XO
Jumping Jack said…
Kate is such a sweetie!

Those cookies look good!

I made your jalapeno chicken and chile cheese rice Saturday night and LOVED it! Oh and thanks for the tutu tutorial - it turned out so cute!
Dana said…
Your daughter is a sweetie!! And yay for dude friend getting some good sleep at night!!

Must try the cookies!
Kristen said…
What a sweet note from Kate!

I can't believe how big Reid is getting!
melifaif said…
Cute stuff. The notes. Note from mini me. And Dude Friend. Just all cute!!!
Stef said…
Okay, three things!
Minni Me needs to come to my house and teach my kids some appreciation.

Second, LD is so stinking cute. What a great picture. And great sleeper. How lucky you are. My 2 year old doesn't sleep that good. Sigh.

Thirdly, those cookies look fab! So making them this week. YOur recipes are gonna make me fat. That's why I keep coming back.
What a FABULOUS note to wake up to, which means oh so much!!
Anna said…
Sounds like you've raised some great kiddos!
Erin said…
You're obviously a great mom to have such awesome kids! My son (not quite yet born) has that outfit that Reid is wearing! I think it's so cute! Gonna have to make some of those cookies and freeze them so hubby has something for breakfast once baby does come.
mountain mama said…
yum. that pesto sounds delish!

seriously...9 weeks! where does the time go?!?!?!

Popular Posts