Miscellany Monday....HBTMe

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Link up to my friend Carissa over at lowercase letters for Miscellany Monday

One

It's my 17th 21st Birthday Today! If I was told correctly that was my 1st Birthday photo. I look so sweet and innocent...I'm sure I was a perfect angel!! I look back and if 17 years ago you would have told me that I would one day be a mother to 5 of those little creatures in that photo above...I'd have said you were crazy!
Here's to another 17 more.....(YEARS NOT KIDS....grins)

Two

I'll be celebrating w/some of this

and this

Yes, I'm baking my birthday cake again...wouldn't have it any other way...You know me and my baking!! Which leads me to...


Three

My most favorite food in the world would be strawberries. I guess God knew what He was doing when He picked me and my birth month. These little red balls of sweetness are in their peak in my month. I can't get enough of them right now and have to fight Little Lily for them. My favorite cake (Triple Decker Strawberry Cake) uses fresh strawberries in the cake mix and frosting. I've been making this cake for almost 8 years now. Be sure if you bake it to keep it cold...the icing has lots of butter and powdered sugar and that combination w/the juice from the strawberries can make a mess! and the recipe says 1 cup of oil...that's typo..it's 1/2 cup! whew!

Four
Did you catch Extreme Couponing on TLC this past week? I inspired to accomplish this for my family. I got my coupon binder ready with tabs and I am hoping to at least bring our bill down by 50% in a few months of going EXTREME....
Do you have any tips to share that work for you? I've read up on most websites..now it's a matter of collecting the deals and applying them! I'll keep you posted!

Five
WW weigh in today...perfecting timing huh? My birthday. I ate my weight in gold this weekend so I'm not hoping for a good scale moment! No one to blame but myself. But I ohhhh so enjoyed being bad eating like that.

Six
I am now having regret over eating my weight in gold over the weekend.

Seven
April showers bring......
HAIL
It usually rains on my birthday, but last night at 12:22am I woke up to hail beating our house. B wanted to run outside and save his truck, but I wouldn't let him! All I could picture was him getting knocked out by hail and me dragging him to safety! uhh right!
Have I mentioned that gray overcast skies are my favorite? There is nothing better then opening the blinds and letting all that natural light in... curling up to read a good book..... while smelling fresh rain! I was meant for this month.



Comments

Shannon said…
Happy Birthday to you, friend! Enjoy your day!

(Didn't catch Extreme Couponing, but who doesn't want to bring down their bill...sounds like a plan. I'll attempt to do this too! )

XO
LeAnna said…
Happy Birthday, and happy cake eatin!
Anna said…
So cute! I saw that coupon show and was impressed and scared all at once! It encouraged me to be better too! Happy birthday!!
Dana said…
Happy Birthday Friend!! And strawberries are my favorite also :) If you have any good tricks or tips on couponing let me know. I am just starting to get into this also.

Hope your day is wonderful!
Lori said…
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have a wonderful, fabulous RELAXING day mama :) Buca di beppo sounds delicious! I love any kind of pasta!

And it's hailing there?! My goodness what crazy weather!
Jumping Jack said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have an awesome day!

I put Kate's shirt in the mail today, so you should have it tomorrow.
jen said…
Happy Birthday! 17 21s, huh? Still younger than me.
I love rainy, cloudy skies too. And I live in AZ? Explain that one.
Happy Birthday! Mine was yesterday...I know how you feel about eating your weight in gold. I didn't dare step on the scale this morning.

I'm extreme couponing too! I have a couple posts about it. Can't wait to hear about your adventures!
Carey said…
Happy Birthday to You!!!!
You'd fit in good around here! We eat strawberries like they are going out of style! In fact Phillip brought in two pints at lunch that were grown just a few miles from here...that strawberry cake sure does look good! May have to make myself one :)
Erin said…
Happy Birthday! I'm making a strawberry cake today too, so you'll have a birthday cake in New Braunfels that you didn't even know about. :)

I coupon, but haven't taken it to the extreme level yet. Since there aren't usually coupons for produce meat or dairy and that's basically all I cook with I just try to never buy snacks and extras without a coupon. I save about 15-20% most weeks I'd say.
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday! The cake looks oh so yummy!

I am with you on the overcast skys! My absolute favorite time of year is our summer thunderstorms here. Its all the rain and overcast without the cold :) I dont do cold LOL
The smell of rain is the most amazing smell to me.
Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a FANTASTIC and FABULOUS day!! I havent seen the couponing show yet, but hope to catch an episode of it soon!
Lily Dawn said…
Happy 21st Birthday! :) Strawberry cake is my absolute favorite... too bad I can't cook so I usually get something store bought for my bday.

I love rainy nights too... but could definitely do without the tornadoes and hail that have been everywhere lately!

(oh, and don't worry about that weigh-in, you get a pass!)

Lily
Stef said…
Happy Birthday, woman!! Your cake looks divine! I hope you got an extra hour of sleep, a shower and a good foot rub. Well, at least you got a few birthday wishes!
carissa said…
happy birthday again!!! hope that cake was scrumptious. i'm guessing it was!!! and wow you and lily are identical. i didn't watch the extreme couponing show but i've heard about it (and from what i've heard, the show is ridiculous, not real, and full of hoarders. the not real part i heard about was that the stores in the show willingly broke their coupon policy just for the show.). i do coupon and have for two years. usually i save 50-70%. it's a blessing. my fave site is southernnsavers.com.

Popular Posts