Break Out the Eggs...


It's my favorite season again! EASTER...who can't love this time??!!

I love sharing the story with the kids again again...As they get older the truth takes on more meaning.

About 10 years ago I purchased my Resurrection Eggs to help me explain the story and it's been a fun tool ever since......

What do you do to share the story with your children?

Today is being spent cleaning the house and getting it ready for company. Hubs brother, wife, and their 4 kids...yes....that's right there will be 9 kids and 4 adults here this weekend! Talk about mad house! (sits in corner rocking back and forth..."i will survive..i will survive")

The good news....hubs is going to hang my BIRTHDAY present today (good thing about having company...hubs helps me get the house in order) Again ...this present has taken 8 yrs of wanting and searching...stay tuned....cross fingers it gets hung!

At Christmas when they came to visit I made these cookies...

They were a huge hit. I can't wait to make those little guys again next year!!

This time I thought I would make the Rice Krispy "Hidden Surprise Egg Treats" for the kids!!

Hope everyone has a Blessed Good Friday...and a Happy Easter Sunday!

He has Risen! He has Risen Indeed!!!!


Comments

Unknown said…
Oh goodness those Rice Krispi eggs look awesome!
I am a follower from Pineapples-n-Pickles by the way. Happy Easter weekend!
Shannon said…
Again you always make the best treats for your family! Enjoy all the in town company and Happy Easter!

XO
Dana said…
I think I am going to make those rice krispie treats today or tomorrow!!

I think the resurrection eggs are great idea. This is really the first year that I think my son would understand (well somewhat understand) the true meaning of Easter.

Hope you have a great time with your family!
Can you make me some rice krispie treats??? Please???
Lori said…
Those rice krispie eggs are ADORABLE.

Happy Easter!
Jumping Jack said…
Love the rice krispy eggs! Too cute!

Happy Easter! Crossing my fingers your gift gets hung! :)
you.amaze.me! first 9 kids, and then you want to bake/cook on top of that. ah-maz-ing!
Neely said…
You make the cutest things for your kiddos. They are so lucky :)
Melanee said…
how cute are those rice krispy eggs?! what a cute idea. i just did the resurrection eggs with my girls last night for the first time and i loved them. i even learned a lot.
mountain mama said…
the more the merrier...right? :)


love the goodies you are makin'!

yes, Jesus is alive :)
Rachel said…
I adore the hidden rice krispies treat eggs idea!!!!

Popular Posts