It's That Time Again!!!


ADVENT SEASON....

Every Monday night in our house during Advent time...we have a devotion to prepare us for the big EVENT to come on Dec 24/25.....and end it w/a special treat and drink and candle lighting! My wreath is nothing fancy...just the circle green wreath (symbolizing God never changes and is eternal and no beginning and no end) and the candles...3 purple (time to prepare) 1 pink (the joy is near) and white (the day is here)

We've been doing this w/the kids for the past 5 years and realized that the snack/drink comes after devotion! Ha ha....learned the hard way!

Each child gets to help light the candles and blow them out each week!

Tonight's special treat....

Hazelnut Cookies w/hot chocolate for the drink

here's the recipe!!!


One year we did cake balls..my first attempt...the kids loved them!

Cake Balls blog look how little lily was!!!

Each year during the Advent time I try and do a different treat each week...unless kids specify a special favorite. One special drink is the Peppermint Chocolate Milk from Target...I've got to head there tomorrow to grab some for next weeks drink!!!

My friend Shannon over at Webbisodes does a link up on every Tuesday....don't miss out tomorrow's topic

Tomorrow's Home Tour Tuesday topic: My peaceful place (Where do you go to relax and unwind?) Come by tomorrow morning to link up.

(mines a good one haha)

Also Mrs Shannon is doing an Ornament Exchange..if you're into that sign up! I can't wait!


Comments

Jumping Jack said…
I love your advent tradition and those cookies look amazing!

Hope yall had a great Thanksgiving!
Jumping Jack said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caroline said…
Love this tradition. I've never heard of it before now. So, how is the peppermint chocolate milk? Is it better warmed? Cold?
Sarah Ann said…
Oh my goodness. Those look SO SO good. I'm totally trying this!
Those look sooooo good!! :)
I love that tradition! Enjoy the memories! Tonight's snack looks so good!
Unknown said…
What a wonderful tradition! I love your wreath
Ooooo! I will have to try those cookies. Look delish. Very sweet tradition.
Angie said…
I can't wait to bake lots and lots of cookies...those look so good! I'm gonna print the recipe...yum!
Shannon said…
You always do the neatest things with your kiddos...what a great momma you are, L! Love the look on Lily's face, that's so Lily isn't it? Wish I could've been a fly on the wall at IKEA, or do I? I cannot believe that's her in the previous cake ball post. Holy cow she was tiny and look at your mini me...she was mini! Those cake balls looked great too especially given my past cake ball fails! Of course tonight's treat looked great as well, but what do you cook that doesn't?! Everything is always perfect and if I was you I'd weigh 400 pounds with all the yummy stuff you always prepare...

Okay enough of the comment rambling...Hope you had a great day, L! Can't wait to post about the shirt...think I will next week. Let's the get pic of the kids first!

Hugs!
Stef said…
I love tradition. Seriously. Especially this time of year. It's what binds family together. LOve. Yours

Popular Posts