Baby Shower and Dinner Momma's Cravin


My sweet friends Tara and Rosalyn threw baby Reid a Baby Shower yesterday.....with the busy schedule of the holidays (thanksgiving, Christmas, and new years) this was the only time to fit one in for baby boy! It's been over 12 years since a little baby boy graced our hallways and I'm getting all uber excited!

Here are some pics from yesterday! Tara's sister Tanya made the cake and the adorable Western bib, travel wipes container, booties, and hat!....and Tara and her sis made the adorable Cowboy Diaper cake! My dear friend Hannah made Lily the pink and choc blanket for her baby shower...and now a cowprint one for Reid! Special gifts!!!

Thanks for a lovely day girls!

Now this picture is of Tara and my belly! Odd I know, but you have to understand we were pregnant w/#4 babies together and did a photo like this....now we are 2 days apart w/#5....it was only fitting! We look like twins!

I woke up w/vertigo in the middle of the night...fell over when getting out of bed for my many trips to the bathroom...Was sleeping in a rocking boat (felt like it) all night and thankfully only have half the off balance issue today! I don't think I'll be doing any swing dancing today! I haven't had a bad attack since our anniversary last year...and I'm not looking for a repeat! I usually have a mild vertigo on a daily basis...I used to take Dramamine daily, but have since quit and just deal b/c the med makes me feel loopy! Not a good thing for a mom with kids. Even the simple task of pulling clothes from the washer and throwing into the dryer could make me feel nauseous and start feeling hot. With each pregnancy it gets worse. Even going over speed bumps can do it too! Shesh!

I'll not forget after a few dates w/hubs he learned the truth. HAHA I was sooo embarrassed to tell him...I mean how many ppl have this? We had gone 2 stepping again and I forgot to take a Dramamine. He was spinning me around the floor and finally I stopped and tried to rest. I'm sure my personality changed b/c I was doing everything I could not to puke in front of (future hubs) him. I asked him if we could leave early and if he could take me home. I guess it would have been easier to explain why. I guess he thought something was wrong and wanted to talk about things before I got out of the car (I didn't talk the whole way home...which if you know me that's odd haha) I confessed the problem...and he giggled....I think he was more relieved! Next time to just tell him instead of getting all un-Laura like on him!....So he's been saddled w/a Migraine suffering Vertigo Puking Gal!!!

Anyways.....I'm feeling 50% better and don't need a full blown "on the floor w/Lily sitting on me crying b/c mommy can't move off the floor from fetal position waiting for daddy to come home to rescue" (yes true story)

Tonight on the menu....ONE OF MY TOTAL FAVORITE MEXICAN DISHES EVER!!!!

If you love Mexican food please give this a try! Click the link...you won't be disappointed!

Chicken Tamale Casserole


Comments

Jennifer said…
What great friends you have. The shower looked like fun :) I am loving those blankets...they are great. Hopefully you will be feeling better soon.
Shannon said…
I've made this recipe of yours beore and it's so delish! I can't believe that story of yours...vertigo sounds scary! I used to have passing out tendencies and once had to be taken to the ER in an ambulance, but that's a story for another day!

Your shower looked amazing! What a wonderful job y'all did! Love all the cowboy touches, so perfect! You look great by the way! Was your new dress comfy!?

Have a good Monday, L!
B said…
Adorable pictures! Looks like Mr. Reid is going to be a little spoiled ;)

And I LOVE that recipe. I made it last week and we went back for FOURTHS. Haha.
Neely said…
The baby shower looked great. Reid is gonna be so cute in all that cowboy gear :)
Awww looks like you had a lot of fun!
Caroline said…
Looks like a great shower! Love the double belly pic!
Annie said…
sounds like a perfect shower and everything looked so cute!! you look great hun! :)
your dinner tonight looks and sounds amazing! i need to try it!
Tiffany said…
Looks like such a cute shower - I love the western theme! Hope you start feeling better - the vertigo can't be fun. :( Funny story, though!
I have that too! I don't know anyone else that has it. If I turn around too quickly I get dizzy, I can't Ever sit in the back seat of a car, I used to throw up every single time i got in the car but it has gotten better with age. I wont even talk about boats or planes because just thinking about it makes me nauseous!
melifaif said…
Oh, wow! You two do look like twins. Too, or should I say - TWO CUTE!!! Happy Turkey Day....stay away vertigo. Stay away!
LeAnna said…
Aww, what sweet friends! The cake and blankets are adorable, and you look great!
jen said…
Feel better. And I love that cake (especially its stand!).
Angie said…
You girls look so sweet in that picture!!!

I really can't wait to make this recipe. Anything that tastes like a tamale is right up my alley!!!
Everything at the shower looks great! I love the cute western cake! I bet it was yummy too! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Popular Posts