Home Tour Tuesday: My Peaceful Place



Today over at Home Tour Tuesday...the topic is "MY PEACEFUL PLACE" in our home.
Now keep in mind I'm a mommy of soon to be 5 so those kind of things for me are few and far between...I mean hello? Peaceful and MY PLACE....nothing is peaceful in the house except after the hours of 11pm....and nothing is mine anymore....Really? When you're a mom you give all that stuff up. If you don't then your a bad mom! (if you felt guilt reading that...not my fault) haha Kidding........(sort of)

Now now No laughing...I'll show you mine and explain.....
It's the guest bathroom. You see this is my sanctuary of getting 5-10 mins away from the kids. If I head upstairs it's like they have radar....if I stay downstairs they may not know. The 5-10 mins is....if they don't notice me after 5 mins...then I have another 5...equals 10....get it? Most of the time they DO notice me. What is it about kids when mom moves it's like all eyes get on us?

So here's the best part...I usually lie.....yep moms lie. I mean who wants to see their mom in the bathroom? My boys sure don't...Mini Me is indifferent...and Lily would hang on my legs no matter what it is I'm doing...she hates me out of her sight! Behind the potty is a basket of magazines and books...THAT'S MY STASH...some ppl horde candy...I'm hording books. Right now I'm on book 4 of Nora Roberts Bride Quartet series!

So there you have it....I'm a Liar! Yes sometimes I really do need to go......but most of the time I'm faking it.....shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comments

Keli said…
Haha! Very funny. I try that, but my kids don't care! They walk right in.
Kristen said…
Whatever it takes :-) ha ha!
LeAnna said…
LOL! I've been doing this since I was a kid. I would steal away to the bathroom, feign a horrible case of the "I can't goitis" and read my Little House on the Prairie books. It got so bad my Mom would ground me from READING. Oh, how times have changed. :P
B F said…
Oh you speak that honest truth! I love this!
Ashley said…
Hahaha that's fantastic!
jen said…
I've hidden in the bathroom since I was about 10. It's also one of my kids' favorite tricks. Don't like it when they pull it on me!
The Regal Pup said…
Hi! I wandered over from your link-up on Webbisodes. Your blog header is adorable! Love it.

Your post is hilarious! I only have one son, so I can only imagine what your days are like.

Looking forward to learning more about your family!
Jumping Jack said…
Oh you are too funny! I'm going to have to try this! Hopefully baby Reid will be a good boy and sit in the bouncer or swing so you can continue your reading spurts! HA!
Shannon said…
Love this L! It's so perfectly you! I can see you running in there now and reading away! You crack me up seriously! Now I totally know why you mentioned I was going to laugh when I read today's post! Thanks again for linking up! I know I can always count on you! How's Lily today? The hanging on your leg part reminded me so of GG...she's sometimes so attached it's like I've grown an extra leg...Hahaha!
Shannon said…
Oh and noticed the tiny potty in there...Does this work for Lily? I'm thinking about this for Sweet Bean. Email me would ya if you have some good tips. Somehow I just can't get excited about a singing potty...does Lily's sing? Or is that a frog and does it ribbit? Whatever it takes, right?
Lori said…
That is so hilarious! At least your bathroom is nice and neat :)
Unknown said…
Lol!! You're bathroom is so pretty
You text me while you're in there!!! Haha!
Annie said…
haha....I love this!! Gotta get your alone time when (and where) you can!!
Hi there, stopping by from Webbisodes link up!!!

LOL! I love it! I can certainly relate now that my little girl is crawling around like a mad woman. She follows me everywhere! Not a moment to myself anymore unless she is asleep!!! Gotta love 'em though.

Karen
nomo wino daph said…
WOW!! Soon to be 5! That is awesome and I bet it is!! Congrats:)

We were along the same lines on our posts today:)

Thanks for playing along with Shannon and I.

Join me tomorrow {its already up actually} for {semi} wordless wednesday!!

Hope your night is great:)
Francis said…
Thats great! we have the same peaceful area lol
Stef said…
Amen. We should have a bathroom book club because that is the only place a I can read for more than 5 minutes. Plus, if the timing is right, maybe even a nap.
Anonymous said…
The only time my daughter won't barge in on me is when Im in the shower, and that is only sometimes LOL I can usually get in 5 to 10 mins along before she starts looking for me.

How is the Nora Roberts Bride series?

Popular Posts