Birthday Treasure plus The Treat

November 12th 7:42pm 6lbs 11oz


Pregnant w/Lily

Today my baby turns 12. I have to admit it does NOT seem like yesterday that he was born. Seems a lifetime ago....I can still picture his little face though...and his crazy smiles by age 1...and his hilarious humor by age 2....Jake was a sweet easy going baby that never gave me trouble....UNTIL the day I took him out of his crib (I thought it was time) and my great sleeper turned into a horrible sleeper. If I could go back I'd have kept him in his crib forever! haha

Thankfully both of my boys (listen up Reid) have been dreams....I hope newbie in womb keeps up the trend!

JW has one of the kindest souls around. He is always my helper around the house and loves making his littlest sister giggle!
The other day his school had a book fair and he took his own money. I assumed he was buying himself something, but instead he came home w/2 cookbooks for me. I was in total aweeeeee and told him that was sooooo sweet, but that he should have spent that money on himself. He told me he was only 11 and it was only money. Money was meant for spending on others. he knows how much I love cooking and thought I'd love these! Ok is he not the greatest kid ever?

Happy 12th Birthday My sweet boy! May you grow into the terrific young man I know you will be!

Yes I'm the mother who decorates for the kids....and thanks to a fellow blogger Lindsay at Southern Cinderella her mom still does too and Linday still loves it!!!

I kept the pirate theme going (from last year) and had some arrows and dash marks leading him from his bed downstairs to his "BOOTY" haha

Here are some of the images he saw when he woke....(I think he was more excited about getting a gift haha)


For his treat? One of the cookbooks he bought me was a Cupcake Cookbook. It had some really great looking decorated cupcakes...I've decided to go the "April Fools" route and make some that look like this....Wish Me Luck! The book has instructions and I've driven all over town looking for the little candies to decorate with! I'll post pictures of how mine look later (or maybe not...haha)

Comments

Shannon said…
You are so cute! That is so sweet of you to do that for your kiddos. My mom used to decorate for me and now I carry on the tradition for Bret and Gillian Grace...love it! I think I have just about as much fun as they do! Birthdays are like holidays around here! Happy B'day to your big guy! (By the way, great picture with you and him when you were preggers).
Neely said…
Awww happy birthday Jake!
Kristen said…
Happy Birthday to Jake, can't wait to see how those cupcakes turn out. How cool!
Happy Birthday Jake!!! :)

You are SO creative/crafty with your gifts!! Too fun! Will you come up here in June and make me a trail?!? But I want it to a hot guy or martini! Haha!
A style blog said…
Too cute! Jake and I share a birthday!
jen said…
"Money was meant for spending on others." Is this kid for real? Most boys that age save for their own candy or games.
You're doing something right, mama!
Lauren Frank said…
I love all those pictures of Jake....hey, and one of them was in my classroom...haha! I love how you do so much fun stuff for your kids. He is such a sweet boy and hope he had a great birthday!
Happy Birthday Jake!! I love the awesome pirate theme Jake woke up too! I just know that was so much fun for him! You have raised such a sweet boy, that is precious that he spent his money on you at his bookfair! Can't wait to see the cupcakes you've made!!

*Thanks for the shout-out :) Birthdays are super special and should ALWAYS be celebrated!
Stef said…
If anyone can make those cupcakes, its you! What cute pictures and a good kid to boot!!
Happy Birthday to him! I love this post! Birthdays were always magical for us growing up!

I'm sooooo ready to meet baby #5!

And I love your new design!

Popular Posts