30 Weeks down....10 More to Go (Attitude Ahead)

(sorry in advance for the attitude....I'm moody...I should have my game back next week? Right? Hopefully!)

Whew! I'm 30 weeks today...and yes starting to feel it. I told my friend who had her 5th 3 months ago that she's right! You see when I saw her this summer I asked her how it was going. She said...."well it's harder by the 5th....I don't feel as quick and chipper as I used to...I hurt more" I remember thinking...WHATEVER...we did fine w/1-4 why on earth would #5 be different.

Oh yeah right...we're another year older (I'm 36 thank you) and this is after all our 5th. I guess I truly thought it would be a breeze.

But man I tell ya I'm really feeling it. Carrying Lily up and down the stairs daily...or just carrying her period is starting to take a toll on me. By 10pm I'm ready to pass out! I ache in places I forgot existed! I'm winded easier and I'm remembing how the baby actually 'comes out' and realized I'm sooooo behind on practicing some Hypnobabies!

I had a dream last night I went into labor and I wasn't prepared. I remember telling ppl that I had things to do and couldn't possibly give birth just yet.

I don't think labor works like that!!!

I feel like I've lost my Laura MoJo...I'm not as chipper and quick as I used to be and my temper lost it's wick...I'd kill for a weekend free of anything but a book and a bed! Hubs reminds me that can be possible in about 18 years.

Sorry no new photo.....here's the one from the shower...Deal with it (see isn't my attitude lovely today?)

I always see those questions pregnant mommas fill out...this will be my first...

DATE: November 24, 2010

How far along: 30 weeks

Total Weight Gained: 30 pounds…..It's that just grand!

How big is baby?

Baby's now the size of a squash!
As baby's skin smoothes out, her brain just keeps getting more wrinkled. All those grooves and indentations increase surface area, meaning more room for that oh-so-essential brain tissue. She's also adding some brawn -- her grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger.




Maternity Clothes: yep!

Sleep: I haven't known this word since Lillian was born....she now heads to be around 10pm...

Best Moment of the Week: Ummm I need to get back to you. I a downer!

Movement: oh yes….always! Lots of kicks to the bladder...and I think baby Reid makes snow angels in my belly! I swear I feel arms and legs in every corner of my stomach!

Food Craving: No, I just love food, but acid reflux makes food suck.

Food Aversions: Nope.....still hated all the things I hated before! :o)

Morning Sickness: Nope....but got vertigo and tummy aches....making being a mommy to 4 a bit harder this week

Gender: Cowboy!

Symptoms: heartburn, difficulty sleeping, numbness under rib cage, bathroom trips, back aches, swelling of cankles...the list could go on but I don't bore you any longer

What I miss: bending over......taking a deep breath....and not having boobs the size of dolly parton!

What I'm looking forward to: Midwife appt next week......I always love hearing his heartbeat. Besides...sometimes a hug from your baby dr makes you feel better!

DID I MENTION I WON A BIRTHING SKIRT? It's waiting for me at the midwife! I entered a blog for a giveaway of a

Binsi Prima Mama Birth Skirt

she contacted me to say I won. Sooo I guess things aren't too bad! I wanted one of those so badly when pregnant w/Lillian!


Have a terrific Turkey Day tomorrow! I've got most of my prep work done!!!

Comments

Shannon said…
Happy Turkey Day to you! I think by child #5 you deserve to have attitude any darn time you want! And I think you look great! Chasing around all your kiddos will have that 30lbs, off in no time flat!

Congrats on winning! I won a giveaway today too and I NEVER win anything!

Happy Thanksgiving, whoops, I caught myself...I almost typed Merry Thanksgiving...that'd be a new one wouldn't it?!
Ashley said…
Happy Thanksgiving Laura! Chin up my dear, all will be well. You are allowed to have an off day/week/month, you are human. Thinking of you and your family. x
JDub said…
Happy Turkey Day!! You look wonderful :) I can't imagine #5, #1 was hard enough, I think you are a saint!

Popular Posts