Cupcake How To's and Blooper Christmas Photos...

The April Fool Birthday Cupcakes for my son turned out awesome! His friends were giggling and asking how I did it. They wanted to know how I got the candy to look just like veggies! Here are a few pictures of how mine turned out....

Here are some of the veggies waiting to be put on the cupcakes

For the pork slivers....either pink tootsie rolls or pink starbursts...microwave for about 4 secs and then roll and cut

Same directions w/the yellow starbursts for the scrambled eggs

Carrots were orange starbursts cut in cubes

Scallions....green twizzlers cut ......

For the broccoli florets....take a green tootsie roll or green chewy jolly rancher and make a slit halfway down the top. Pull apart to make branches. Take your white icing and tint green. Pipe some on each branch tip and then roll in green sprinkles! Viola....broccoli

For the Fried Rice....Tint the white icing w/cocoa powder and then microwave for a few secs until it pours....mix into your rice crispy cereal. Ice the top of the cupcake w/some of the leftover beige brown frosting. Then take 1/4 cup of the frosting rice crisp cereal and put on top of each cupcake piled high to look like fried rice. Decorate w/some veggies!

I can't wait to try more of the April Fool cupcakes....

Miss Starbucks, but don't miss the dent in your wallet....

Well if you have some whipping cream and caramel topping for ice cream then you've got yourself a

Caramel Macchiato! HMMMMM yes I had this w/my banana nut muffin this morning!


This weekend I had the kids in the yard trying to take pictures for our Christmas cards...I have never laughed so hard in all my life. The oldest child was afraid I would go into labor from all the crying and laughing! Lily was a hoot...she actually dressed in the tutu I made for the girls and actually held the sign I made for each to hold! Although sometimes she would hold it for only her to see! I had such a fun time....here are some of the bloopers! (look at the expression on the oldest face #4 and 5...he said he's too old for this....ummm too bad!)

Shannon over at Persnickety Pages and More (the girl who rocked my blog design) is also doing Christmas cards! She rocked my card once again! Head over quick if you want a different card other than something you see on Shutterfly! I'll post my photo after it comes in!!!


Photobucket


Comments

Oh gosh!!! Look at Lily! She is nuts! I would have duck taped her to the fence!!! Can't wait to see what Shannon designs for you :) She is so talented!
Jumping Jack said…
Those cupcakes are adorable!!

Love the pics of the kids too. Lily is so funny and the oldest's face is priceless in that last shot! Can't wait to see the cards Shannon whips up for you!
Christi Crow said…
The cupcakes turned out amazing! What a great idea! Love the Christmas card ideas! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Caroline said…
Love those cupcakes. And the photos of the kids are priceless!!! I love them!
Unknown said…
Those are SO FUN! Both the cupcakes and the pics!
Stef said…
What a fun idea for the pictures. I love it. And I knew you would rock those cupcakes! A-MAZE_ing
Anonymous said…
The cupcakes are awesome! I must try them sometime.
The 'blooper' pictures had me rolling! Can't wait to see the one you picked for your card.
Annie said…
The cupcakes are AWESOME!!! I cant get over how cute they are....

ALMOST as cute as your kiddo's in the holiday card pictures :)
Annie said…
the cupcakes are FABULOUS!!! ha! i love them!! and your christmas card attempts, adorable!! love it!
jen said…
Title should be--HOPE Lily learns to hold still.
Awesome. Glad you could laugh. I'd be crying.
and yelling.
Lauren Frank said…
That is greatness!! Your cards can just say HOP...haha! I love your family, they are so cute.
Shannon said…
Seriously, those cupcakes are amazing! I cannot believe those aren't actually veggies, they look so real! You are really talented...Bret was impressed and trust me that's a HUGE compliment!

I had fun with your card and can't wait to debut my other designs tomorrow. Fingers crossed everyone will be as nice as you! Special thanks and hug (squeeze) for the bloggy nod here...between you and Aly you'd think you gals were getting a commission for all the referrals! Love y'all! :)
Ashley said…
Your kiddos are so cute!!

Love the cupcakes! Those are so creative!
Lori said…
I love those pictures! They really made me laugh.. your tiniest one is SO cute!
Those Christmas pictures...HEE-larious! :)
carissa said…
you are so good at making candy look like veggies!!! how fun! oh and i just adore your christmas pictures. you are a overflowing well of good ideas. you go you.
LOVE those cupcakes! You did such a great job! Those blooper pics are too funny, I can only imagine what other funny things were happening! I love how each child is holding a letter and it spells out Hope! Cute idea!

Popular Posts