You Look Ready To Pop

Yep...those would be the words my husband said to me this weekend.

While gazing upon my lovely baby bump he's smiling (I'm thinking he's smiling w/happiness), but I'm guessing that smile was laughter! haha....uhhh no!

I remind him that we still have a little under 12 weeks! Then he reminds me that's 3 months..DON'T SAY IT LIKE THAT...for some reason 12 weeks seemed shorter. How much bigger will this bump be getting? Ppl get shocked when I say I'm due Feb 2nd...I guess it really is true the more you carry the bigger you get, but I thought that just meant early showing.

How was your weekend? Mine was spent baking and decorating these cuties for a baby shower I went to yesterday!

Outlining

Glazing


Decorating


It was nice to hear feedback when ppl didn't know I was the one who made them. I was sitting at a table w/ 5 other women that I didn't know....They were saying how cute the cookies were and how good they tasted. One woman pulled out her camera and took a picture of hers and the girl's next to her. I was giggling inside. That's good feedback. Then later they found out I made them and asked why I didn't speak up....haha b/c I liked just listening!!!

I left daddy in charge of Wild Thang....I came home to find this....
Basically she took every blanket...pillow....rubber ducky or bug she owns and made a bed in the yard.
She was pretty excited w/herself. Looks like daddy did a great job ...she was happy and fed. That's good because I've decided not to take her in public anymore.

Last week I took her on 3 errands (something we do a few times a week anyways) and she was a total nightmare. Spitting and hitting and screaming at the top of her lungs. Sometimes I was only in the store less than 3 minutes. She has even started this new thing where she screams "Help Help Help" when she doesn't get her way! I'm through! I'm getting too big and tired (not to mention back aching) to fight w/her in public to behave.....from now on...I will be stuck waiting for someone to watch her so I can run these errands. I hate this...I always loved going places w/her. She was so easy and had a fun time! Now we've hit a stage where "it's lily's way or I show you how loud and embarrassing I can be"
I hate to say this...but I never had to deal w/this w/the other 3. I took them everywhere! So I'm surfing in new territory and I don't like it. Esp w/little jr on the way in 3 months (as hubs says) so in the words of Lily "HELP HELP HELP!"

Menu for the week

yummy yummy....
I just got my annual 2010 Southern Living Cookbook on Friday....
recipes to follow...

Comments

Stacie said…
The cookies look delicious, congrats on an awesome job with them! And I cracked up reading about your daughter, I had a similar phase with my mom. Hang in there!
Walch Family said…
Thank you soooo much for making such beautiful cookies for my shower! They were incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the cookies!! When you texted that picture to me, I was like WTF is that?! Thanks again for the clarification!

Looks like you need to go do some weeding in the backyard...yes, you. Get yo' preggo bum out there and do some yardwork :)

I know you love me
Christi Crow said…
Aww, the cookies are adorable!! I also love the new blog design!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
This comment has been removed by the author.
FYI ALY...those aren't weeds those are confederate jasmine growing up the fence you freak! they aren't blooming since it's not spring...they are just green vines! haha
Tiffany said…
VERY cute cookies! I'm going to experiment with cookie glazing this week for our little one's birthday party. I hope they turn out 1/2 as cute as yours! :)
melifaif said…
I am sorry the lil one is making it difficult to take her out and about...that stinks big time!!!! Especially the HELP, HELP, HELP part!!! Oh my...she's gonna be a handful momma. But, she is so cute!!! She is a decieving lil character, no?
Kristen said…
Those cookies are SO cute..as for the yummy thing...well you'll have to send me some and I'll let you know :-)
Anonymous said…
Oh my I just laughed out loud reading about your daughter. I am so blessed that I did not have to deal with that (then again like you said you did not either with your other 3 and I only have one :)) My good friend on the other had has a munchkin that has decided to scream Don't Beat Me when she does not get her way! The first time I saw this in action I almost died!
TOO cute. Those cookies looked awesome and yummy. I loved reading your blog this morning. I'm Kim and I'm your new follower.

http://denimandcurls.blogspot.com
Neely said…
Those cookies are amazing and your dinners this week look fantastic. You are so awesome!
Annie said…
Wow.....amazing looking cookies!! I am so impressed!! Looks like a professional made them :)
B said…
Hahahaa. your post made me giggle! 12 weeks DOES sound WORLDS better than 3 months. Eeek! Love all of the cookies. :) Have a great Monday!
Lily Dawn said…
hehe, oh wow- don't worry, people start saying that to me around 5-6 months too!

Love the cookies- adorable, I might have to steal the idea, I have two upcoming baby showers I am helping with~

I love your posts! =)
Shannon said…
I'm so impressed with your baking skillz...hehe! I totally agree those cookies look professional!

That Lily...what are you and Hubs gonna do with that sweet tiny tornado? She's always up to something, isn't she?

I'll be over for dinner at least three times this week. Set an extra plate for me and Sweet Bean! ;)

Ever make it HL? If not, I'm so going for you!
those cookies are adorable!! i bet they were SO yummy! Lil Lily is adorable as always, even if she does have huge fits out in public.
The dinner list looks yummy too :)

Have a great week :)
Lindsay
Angie said…
I love those cookies...you did a wonderful job. When I decorate cookies it looks like a 2nd grader did them...ha!
Angie said…
I love those cookies...you did a wonderful job. When I decorate cookies it looks like a 2nd grader did them...ha!
Francis said…
I love the cookies!!! They look great!
Stephanie said…
No wonder you got compliments on those cookies they are sooo cute:) Fabulous.
Stef said…
Oh, the outing terrors. I hate those. I hate it. It's worse when you can't wait, there is no sitter, and you're outta options. Dang! Good luck!
Your cookies look fabulous!!
Those cookies are adorable! I just came across your blog and am loving it! I'm your newest follower!

Popular Posts