Home Tour Tuesday: Kitchen and Recipe Share

Shannon and Daphne have started a new link up called Home Tour Tuesday.....When I saw recipe share added to the title I got all tingly! :o) You know me and my love of cooking!




First things first for me....a little recipe share.....



Winter Wassail

This will fill the house with holiday aromas.

Yield: Makes 13 cups

Ingredients

  • 2 teaspoons whole allspice
  • 2 teaspoons whole cloves
  • 6 cinnamon sticks
  • 2 quarts apple cider
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 cups orange juice
  • 1 1/2 cups lemon juice
  • 1 cup water

Preparation

Tie first 3 ingredients together in a piece of cheesecloth or coffee filter.

Bring cider and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan. Add spice bag; reduce heat, and simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Remove spice bag; discard.

Stir in orange juice and remaining ingredients; simmer 5 minutes or until heated. Serve hot.

I have made this about 4 times and have yet to be disappointed! Nothing beats smelling something incredible brewing through out the house! I love this time of year!

Our downtown Main street has a Wassail contest when they do the lighting of the tree in the square. All the little businesses in the square have a Wassail Stop on their door to let you know they have some to sample...you visit each business (shop too) and then vote on your favorite. I always forget to vote b/c I'm having too much fun trying different Wassail.

I'm sooo looking forward to it week after next....Santa is there....all the decorations....hot chocolate...wassail and the kids have a blast. (ok I do too) I'm a sucker for town gatherings!

On to the kitchen...


Not much to look at, but the island is my favorite. With the table seating 8...the island 4...I have room for more babies! haha
I just wish I had 3 ovens, 3 dishwashers, and a walk in pantry! I have no clue why they gave us a tiny stand up one...I have stuff stored in the utility room and garage. I'm this close every week to knocking out a wall and putting a wall of shelves in!

Comments

Shannon said…
Yay! So excited that you linked up! I should've expected your kitchen to be fab and HUGE! Love it and the recipe...yumO!
Your kitchen is gorgeous! Can't wait for you to teach me how to cook when I come visit!!
Jumping Jack said…
Beautiful kitchen! I love the island - islands definitely sell me on houses!

I wonder why they put such small pantries in houses too! There's not enough room for food, much less paper towels, ziplocs, etc! We just turned our formal dining room into my sewing room and added shelving for extra pantry items. I love it!
nomo wino daph said…
Oh yay!! Thanks for playing along.
That recipe sounds divine. Like something to drink on a cold snowy day, whats snow?? ha I love that stuff.(drink, not snow)

Your kitchen is FAB!! I love the openness.
I am now your newest follewer:)
Beth McC. said…
Im so glad you put up this Wassail recipe!! I have been looking for a good one! Cant wait to try it!
Miss Janice said…
Great Wassail recipe and I love your kitchen...that island!!!
Caroline said…
Your kitchen is beautiful! And I love me some wassail!
Annie said…
Love your kitchen!! No wonder you like to cook...such an awesome kitchen to work in :)
Busy Mom said…
Thanks for touring my kitchen today... I am laughing b/c I have your same table... that will hopefully be a post for another day.. I have 2 benches and I did something special to them ;o)
jen said…
I'm going to have to try this link next week . . . if I remember. I've got holiday brain already.
Scary.
Jennifer said…
This was such a fun post. I love your kitchen...it is huge :)
Jennifer said…
This was such a fun post. I love your kitchen...it is huge :)
Ashley said…
I LOVEEEEEEEE your kitchen, it is so gorgeous! Don't be sad about your pantry...I don't even have one! :(
New Mommy!!! said…
Your kitchen is Beautiful! Jealous!

Popular Posts