You Know You're A Mom When.......


You go to put your shoes on and hear a squish and find yesterday mac n cheese inside

You go to grab the handle on the drawer pull in the kitchen and find sticky gramham crumbs

You kick yourself for trying to teach the boys to put the lid down...not realizing they will be too lazy to lift it and pee on the seat. You know this b/c when you sit the seat is wet!

You have one peppermint left and your breath is really stinky, but your child has that..."Mommy aren't I an angel" look about them so you give up the mint and try not to breathe on people.

When your child is a cosleeper and you sleep in the worst position possible b/c they have finally fallen asleep ...and the next day you walk around like an old hag b/c your back and neck have a crick in them...

you find melted crayon in your dryer b/c you were too tired (or just plum forgot) to check the pockets yet again

Instead of having one of the top 10 country songs stuck in your head all day you're singing the theme song to the cartoon "Arthur" from PBS and like it!

You now have super sonic hearing and eyes in the back of your head (according to your kids) You don't care to let the secret of mirrors and good ear cleanings are your tricks.

You get startled awake by that little figure standing beside your bed in the middle of the night. One of your kids telling you they can't sleep......that makes 2 of you now!

You used to think coffee was gross...now it's your best friend

You learn to let it go when after a full day of mopping the kids can walk in the door from school and mess it all up in 5 secs flat

You forget to snap back one side of your nursing tank and now know where that cool breeze was coming from while running your errands.

You are no longer shy...you can now pee and shower with an audience.

Speaking of showers...you have now perfected a shower in under 4 minutes flat!

You find yourself saying "Because I said so"

(don't forget about the Lisa Leonard necklace Giveaway)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Shannon said…
Totally have the shower in 4 minutes flat down! Funny list...all very true, sadly enough! Hahaha! Thanks for making me laugh first thing this morning.
What a cute list!! I love it! :)
Christi Crow said…
That was great! I needed that laugh this morning!
M.O.T.B said…
Yes, Yes, Yes! Wonderful post!!!! Don't forget about your AWARD:)
Stef said…
Those are so funny...funny in a "That's so true...you too" way. Thanks for that chuckle!
Angie said…
Ughhhh Arthur...

At least he doesn't whine as much as Caillou.

I can't live without coffee!!
Haha all true! How about, "you have announced to a room full of adults that you will be right back b/c you need to use the potty!" Yeah did this one just the other day:)
erin said…
haha thanks for a smile!
i always said i would never be that mom who responded to "why" with "because i said so!"
but when EVERYTHING i say is questioned..sometimes its all i can come up with!
Drew's Mom said…
Oh I definitely have all the symptoms of being a MOM... but wouldn't trade any of it for the world =)
Aw your cute I love these, especially Arthur because I'm 25 and I still watch it.. Yup that's right. That and while it wasn't a kid my dog was asleep and ruined my sleeping position last night so my back is funny today. lol..
Unknown said…
Oh my goodness, I love this list and can relate to soo much of it! Ohh my hubby bought me a pair of cowboy boots for an early mothers day gift, I figured you would understand my excitement not many people do.
So, so true! The theme song for the toon Chuggington is currently playing on repeat in my brain!
Liz Mays said…
A 4 minute shower is an art form!

I remember that goody graham cracker substance...ewwwwww
I found a nice Cheerio collection in the entertainment unit!
Unknown said…
You hit the nail on the head!
This is so cute & I love the necklace! Too bad I missed it due to the stomach flu! But I'm going to check out her other stuff! Oh & I saw up above where you like Lilly dresses, me too!!!

Popular Posts