Letter To Younger Self


You know we all wish we could write a letter to our younger self warning us of certain experiences that took placed in our life. Sadly, if we knew the future self we wouldn't be the person we are today....You've got to walk through a bit of mud to find the clean side sometimes...

BUT...if I could send myself a letter it would probably read something like this

Dear Little Laura,

There are some things I really need to tell you before they happen.....a warning you could say....

1. The fact that you never got pimples as a teen ...well kiss those days goodbye in your 20's and really bad in your 30's. I think it might be pay back for all the times your friends called you porcelain face...and you could never understand why the girls had face scrubs and pimple creams.
I have no idea how to handle them now, but make sure you find a good cleanser and stick with it.

2. Enjoy the allergy free youth because after you have children (and yes you have many...yea) your body chemistry changes and you suffer from march-may. Your head will feel like exploding and your face feels puffy all day from drainage. Sorry nothing you can do about it then.

3. You know those fat chubby boys who are nerds? Well stick with them...they will actually grow up to be hunky smart caring God fearing men! Future husband material (I know boys are yucky now, but they won't always be)

4. The sunny afternoon when you were in 4th grade and found a 4 leaf clover and knew that meant you were going to marry Jason Rogers. Well .....sorry he never really liked you and he grew up to marry another girl. (It's ok...he wasn't the one for you)

5. There will be a day when you think closing your eyes while trying to walk home from Ashley's house will be a good idea because you know the path home....UMMM not so good. You forgot to calculate you can't walk a straight line and hit a mailbox on the way home.

6. When your mom tells you not to get dirty because y'all are leaving for dinner soon. Take heed. You think jumping on a rope swinging over the creek was a fine idea. Only you forgot to let go on the other side...and you stopped swinging over the creek and had to let go b/c you couldn't hold on much longer. Note...don't go to creek!

7. When your best friend April moves in the 8th grade to Indonesia....don't worry...You will find her 20 years later and reconnect and she will tell you a story that fills you with joy! Worth the wait!

8. You think you're fat....well you are perfect. Always remember that!

9. Your mother really is going to be your best friend one day! Tell her how much you love her now!

10. Boys chase you because they like you.....they get a little rough playing tag...but don't worry...they don't mean to be.

11. Eating too much spaghetti because you want that sucker after dinner really isn't worth it. Trust me on this one.

12. Pay more attention when you stepmother teaches you to sew....she is a genius and you need to learn.

13. Instead of taking Spanish in high school, take French.....(your future husband can speak it and it sounds romantic)

14. When Chad Rippey tries to teach you to 2 step don't give up. One day your future husband will be a fantastic dancer and you want to impress him.

15. Be nicer to your brother would ya?! He's really a terrific guy even if he's a boy!

16. Lastly, keep playing baby dolls...all that practice comes in handy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

B F said…
This is great!!! I need to write one of these and hand it to my younger sister or my daughter... The things they need to know!!
carissa said…
i love this idea. so creative. and oh so true. if only we knew then what we know now! but i guess maybe we wouldn't know these things had we not done what we did. ; ) i can so relate with you on so many of these... especially 1, 2 and 3.
Angie said…
So sweet! I love this post and parts of it gave me chill bumps!!!
Kelly Marie said…
What a great post (: Number 5 cracked me up haha!
I'm loving this post! I may have to steal the idea some time! Very good, Laura! I loved it! xo
Genesis said…
so cute. love #5. couldnt stop laughing.
Amber said…
Oh I love this. Seriously too sweet! I wonder what my letter to my little self would say??
Neely said…
I left you something @ my blog :)
oh my gosh this is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!! how did you think of that??! And B knows french????
I Do Declare said…
What a clever post idea! I'm with you on the pimples!!!
Drew's Mom said…
I love this!! I did this last year.. and loved it!
Jordan said…
I love this!! :-)
Laura Beth said…
Hey Laura! You have an award waiting for you on my blog. :)
Christi Crow said…
That was great! Love it!
Mrs. H said…
I love this! It reminds me of the Brad Paisely song..well I think it's one of his songs!
I wish I could tell a younger version of me to tell my mom I love her mom. She is my best friend today too.
New Mommy!!! said…
Oh, the things we could tell our younger selves. But, then you wouldn't have this funny post to write/share with us!

I LOVE it, great Idea!

I wanted to wish you a BELATED BIRTHDAY!! So, sorry I wishing you sooner!! Hope you had a good one! I can't believe how many children you have for how young you are. Wish we had got started as soon as you guys, Ha!

I turn 30 next Saturday, the 24! Ugh! I'm ok with it, but the fact that 20's are gone forever is kinda sad, boo! We'll see how I feel when it rolls around!
Stacey said…
This was great. I just may give it a try after reading yours and Ambers. You both have a great way with words!
Neely said…
Laura you must change it to wear i can email you back replies to your comments!!! :)
Vanessa said…
"all that practice comes in handy!" HILARIOUS! :-D
Wow - this is great! I love it!
M.O.T.B said…
I like many others love this idea and I am certain you will see something similar on my blog. This was beautiful and yes how I wish I had a letter from the older me when I was growing up...
Free2bMommy said…
Cuuuuute post! I might consider writing a letter to myself too one day soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

I really enjoy reading your blog!

I awarded you a blog award. Check it out on my blog!

Dee
http://free2bmommy.blogspot.com/
Anonymous said…
love this!! it would have helped so much at the time. lovely blog.
Hope Chella said…
So cute and true! I especially love number 8 =) xx

http://hopechella.blogspot.com/
I love this! I might do this on my blog this week!

Popular Posts