Lilly Pulitzer and My New Found Loves!

Being a Southern Gal ...who doesn't love a little Lilly Pulitzer? I do, but alas the price tag is higher than I'd like it to be. I'd kill for a summer LillyP sundress!....But for all those fans...Look what I ran across while at Market Street yesterday?? A Limited Edition box of Animal Crackers!

Now on to recipes! For my birthday my family gave me some ceramic bake ware from Giada de Laurentiis. I love love her show and noticed Target started carrying things in her name. Now why she doesn't use them on the show is beyond me (do they ever??!!!)
I got a ceramic casserole dish, pie plate, loaf pan, 20 oz mug, and 2 custard cups. (not sure why 2 I mean come on Giada's ppl)

Yesterday my bananas were dead (as the kids say) and so I baked a loaf of Nana Bread in my new pan! It turned out gorgeous! That's when I got all excited about cooking dinner! I was going to use my new ceramic casserole dish for

Virginia's Spaghetti Bake

I know you mostly hear me talking up my Southern Living cookbooks and magazine, but what Southern kitchen is complete w/o your Gooseberry Patch cookbooks too!

I have a few ....Family Dinners and Quick and Easy (just came in the mail yesterday)

Hubs loves the Virginia's Bake and I know you will too! The cheese layer makes this dish fantastic! You can make it ahead and pop it in the fridge until later!!

Ingredients

Directions

Combine spaghetti noodles, spaghetti sauce and ground beef in a large bowl; set aside.

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; add flour, parmesan cheese, salt and garlic powder, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly. Add evaporated milk and one cup cheddar cheese; stir until thickened.

(notice how I sticky my recipes to my cabinets so I can make for faster reading! Ha ha)

Pour half of spaghetti noodle mixture into a greased 13x9" casserole dish and pour cheese mixture over top. Pour remaining noodle mixture into dish; top with remaining 2 cups cheddar cheese. Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes.


Side note on this recipe. For a change in flavor...add either 1lb meat and 1lb ground sausage or 2lbs ground sausage! YUMMO
On the cheese layer...I like to melt the butter...then add the flour...melt and stir AND THEN add the parm/salt/garlic powder. Then eva milk and cheddar cheese.....
Seems to work out better this way...but do what you like best!

I also have a crunchy slaw and crock pot chocolate candy I'd like to share! Hubby has gone bananas on my slaw that he asked for it 3 times this week!!! Made it into a meal one night w/some sliced grilled chicken over it! Yummm

Point of the ceramic story? Yes I had a point.... I AM IN LOVE W/CERAMICS FOR BAKING! I think I'll have to add them to my Mother's Day List for more!!!

Don't forget about my LISA LEONARD GIVEAWAY



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

carissa said…
the lily p animal crackers are so cute! i agree... ceramics rock when it comes to baking. i have an "emile henry" dish that i got for free from when i worked at a kitchen store and it is fantastic. the spaghetti bake looks great. i'm going to make it next week! thank you! have a great weekend.
Ms. J said…
looks delicious AND easy!! Thanks for sharing!
Just Brandi said…
awesome! thanks for sharing! my husband LOVES my spaghetti, so i'm sure he'll love this!
Can't wait to make it!!!
Yummy and soo delicious it looks!!Thanks for the recipe!I'll give it a try!Cheers!
Christi Crow said…
Yummy! Can't wait to try it out!
MaMaWilson said…
Great post!

I'm going to try this.. My cowboy casanova loves lasanga, I bet he would really love this!

And do you ebay?? I LOVE Lilly but the price tag is a little too high for me too, but I have tons of Lilly that I got off ebay. You should check it out! :)
Unknown said…
Oh my goodness that looks so yummy adn I am loving those animal crackers! I have to go get me some!
Just Brandi said…
dang u and your spaghetti bake!
I've been thinking about it ever since i read this and have now talked myself (and my husband) into just staying in tonight (we WERE going to go out to eat) so i can make this.

I'm not gonna lie... i'm PRETTTTTY stoked about it.
YUM! This looks sooo good! Hope you have a great weekend!
http://www.andreasattic-andrea.blogspot.com
Shelli said…
I can't wait to try that Spaghetti! It sounds soo good. The slaw and candy sounds good too! I will be waiting for those!
Carey said…
Yay for you and your new ceramics! I'm a wee bit jealous :)
I make something very similar to this recipe. My hubby doesn't love regular spaghetti but with all that extra cheese even he's a fan! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
Nic said…
That looks awesome. I'm for sure going to try it!
Shannon said…
This looks good and I'm a huge carb lover so bring on the pasta recipes! Can't believe there are Lilly P. animal crackers, who would've thought?
Jordan said…
That looks so good! :-)
Stef said…
That is totally something that my kids would eat. And it looks really easy...although if I put pictures of my kitchen when I cooked I would be humiliated. I don't clean up as I go...heck I am lucky if I clean up at all...Haha. Can't wait to try this one out!
Erin said…
I have not seen those animal cookies anywhere! I would love to buy a box or two, but alas!

Popular Posts