Tongue Twister...What's Your Talent?

What's your talent? I've got friends that can sing like an angel...or sew dresses fit for Queens...or cook to compete w/Emeril....or dance w/grace and elegance like the girls on Dancing w/the Stars....

Me? I've got zero creative talents to speak of...I usually use others ideas and embellish them for my own.....I can cook...but not for Kings....I can sew.... but only a straight line...and I have 2 left feet when it comes to dancing. (sorry hun)

I do know my Doctor way back when told me I had good hips for birthin babies! Does that count as a talent?

Well I do love being a Wife and Mommy..... but I don't really think that that is considered a talent...

So I thought I would post a talent my children think I am awesome at....

My tongue makes what the kids call a "flower cup" ....there you go...I knew I had a talent in me.
All joking aside...God gave us all talents to use...I worry at times I have one that I'm not aware of and not using what God gave me.....Hubby says I'm a nurturer by nature and that is a talent....or the kids say I make them laugh ...and that's a talent (little do they know they are the ones making me laugh) Hubs says that's another trait...making people feel at ease. I'm still thinking though....
What's your talent?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Genesis said…
my talent is having the ability to still be standing when I walk ;) Im a major klutz and i have scars to prove it.
Francis said…
This is a tough one, because I dont think I have a talent either, but I do love dancing! and also decorating. my husband says I should do something with interior decorating, so maybe thats my talent!
Molly said…
We JUST talked about this at church a few weeks ago! I think your hubby hit the nail on the head with your talents. Sounds like you're an excellent mommy and wife! Count those as amazing talents girl, anyone would be lucky to be good at those 2 things! I only feel so-so somedays!

Happy Wednesday!
Hahaha! Cute picture!

I am double jointed in my index fingers....I can sing in Hebrew (I have remembered this song from 7th grade)...I pride myself on making people feel comfortable on any situation!

Other than that....I got nothin'!
Don't feel bad, I don't really have any big talent either. I'm nice to people, not a talent. My elbows are double jointed. Not sure if that's one either. I'm sort of like you.
:) But I must say that the tongue trick seems like a talent to me, I can't do that at all.
Nicole Marie said…
i wish i could do that! lol I can flip my tongue over to the right and left. (will have to post a pic too lol)
The Janacek's said…
I have no talent either! I do know how to do that to my tongue too! I thought it was pretty talented to grow a baby inside your tummy for 9+ months since I cant do anything else!
I am SUPER double jointed in my arms people freak out when they see it.. I was a cheerleader in high school and I couldn't ever make "straight" arms because my elbows always poked out..
Kat said…
OOOOO- I can make this really great baby crying impression. When I do it in a crowded room everyone starts searching for a baby! Other than that, I can't pin point one big talent of mine either.
Angie said…
I'm not sure I have a talent. I am really silly...I'm always joking around laughing and cuttin' up.

My talent is being a major
goof ball :)
jen said…
I can bleat like a goat.
That's handy at parties. Really handy!
The Janacek's said…
Aww thank you so much!!!
A style blog said…
LMAO. I love this. I still can't believe some people can actually manage that with their tongue!
Meg said…
LOL!!! My talent...um.....not sure!!
Hahah yeah im like you other then the tongue thing...I dont have any talents... :O)
erin said…
this post made me laugh. i can do that same thing with my tongue! lol
Anonymous said…
Ha! Love that picture! I don't have any talent either....but like you the doctor told me I had good skin for birthing babies....as in I wouldn't get any stretch marks, and he was right and I got big as a whale. hahaha.

I can do the taco, does that count? haha. Hope your having a great week! xoxo
Mama B said…
Hey Laura! First off, I have to say I'm so sorry it's taken me this long to follow your blog! So, I'm now your newest follower (finally!)

Second, don't feel bad about feeling like you don't have a talent. I feel that way ALL the time, and it makes me very sad. I'm just OK at a lot of different things, but, I don't have one thing that I'm great at, you know? But, at least we're not alone! :)
Unknown said…
Oh I love it. I don't really have a talent either
Erin said…
I tie really great bows, like perfect! It doesn't matter what kind of string or ribbon it is either, I can make a rockin bow out of it! How's that for useful?
Nic said…
LOL! I can wiggle my nose. Only me and my mom have that "special" talent..LOL
Unknown said…
I can touch my nose with my tongue.
Annie said…
I can do that with my tongue too! I've never met someone else that can do it - now, that's talent!

Popular Posts