Where's My Mullet?

(The Mullet)
I wouldn't say Lily has a full head of hair, but we were finally getting somewhere. From bald at birth to hair today...hey that's an improvement.

Only problem was she was growing this tail, a mullet if you will, off the back of her head. I did complain a lot about it to the hubs. But I also loved making it into a ponytail...only wishing she would let me put things in her hair. She doesn't mind me brushing it and making her pretty, it's the putting pretty ribbons and bows and what nots that make her angry!

Mullet


So a couple of nights ago she's sitting in her chair eating her dinner and boom...hubs just walks up w/scissors and CUT

( I wet and brushed to see how bad a job he did)


conversation follows something like this

me: "OMG WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?"

hubs: "cut her mullet off"

me: "WHY DID YOU DO THAT???"

hubs "haven't you been complaining about it non stop?...so I cut it off for you"

me " but you didn't let me...and I didn't get before pictures....and I wasn't really sure I wanted it off....and I didn't get to wet and comb it down and cut a straight line...you just whacked it...how could you not warn me....ohhhh look at her she looks like a boy....wait...i want the mullet back...."

hubs (stands looking at me like i'm insane) "YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T WANT THE MULLET SO I TOOK CARE OF THE MULLET. Why did you want before and after photos?"

me "for my blog...errr for her baby book"

hub "baby book? ha ha.... well ok here is the chunk of hair...blog...I mean add that to the book!"

I think I was angry b/c I wanted to do it. Well I want her mullet back. She looks weird. I miss how it curled at the bottom. Deep sigh!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Jessi said…
Oh no! I would have been so upset if the hubs just did that and didn't ask!

I think it looks cute though!
Haha!! I'm so glad he cut it off!! She is such a cutie!!!
Neely said…
She is precious with or without it!
melifaif said…
Same thing happened with my friends lil girl. Mullet. Cut. Momma Sad. Then it grew out into a bob and she loved it! Give it a month momma. You will be okay. She looks precious.
New Mommy!!! said…
I know how you feel. Our little pumpkin's hair just is not really growing. It looks like Lil's does now. I know what you mean about it looking like "boy" hair. I feel that way too, but other times, I think how pretty is. Cause some babies hair grows out wierd, and it looks awkward. At least she has a pretty full head of hair.

I can understand that you are upset he chopped it off, sounds liek soemthign my hubs would do. You caould have someone trim it up if you think it's crooked.

It looks great to me, though. She's beautiful either way! It will be funny to see if it grows back in exactly the same way though, Ha!

Your texas sheet cake looks yummy!! All your recipes always look yummy. I hope I cook as much as you one day! Ha!
Genesis said…
haha. i cant help but laugh at you guys....
B F said…
You guys are too cute!!! And she is super cute with and without! He was brave to just cut it like that though!!
Liz Mays said…
That conversation was hilarious! I can't believe he just did it like that-Boom! At least you still have the baby hair!
Shannon said…
Oh Laura, she's adorable, mullet or no mullet! Would have had a freak out too though. When are the husbands gonna learn that they need to run things by us FIRST? Happy weekend!
Kristen said…
She is still as adorable as ever!
This is too funny, I loved reading this.. It's okay it'll grow back out and you would have teased her when she's older about her baby mullet :)
She's soo lovely with or without the mullet!Cheers!
Stef said…
Oh, no! He doesn't understand what he just did. Doesn't he know that women have the unnatural attachment with hair?? We complain about it, but doesn't he know...we really like it??
My children grow hair that stands straight up on the crown of their heads. All of them, until the baby. His hair grows like most childrens' hair. One day while I was at work, he up and shaved it off...at least most of it off.
I came home and the first thing I said was..."Oh, no. My baby is ugly!!" He wasn't, but SHOCK!
She is beautiful anyway! But I get you.
Hey, I left you the Sunshine award over on my blog. You do bring a ray of Sunshine into my world. Thanks!!
Secret Mommy said…
I know how you feel. My hubs gave our 2 year old a buzz cut and he has such gorgeous hair! It's growing back now, though and looks real cute. You daughter is a doll!
First of all the title of this one is great! Second you two are hilarious. But in your defense I would have been upset too :(
Carey said…
Wow he is a brave man! I trimmed my E's hair at about 9 months to get rid of her mullet. But it would not have been ok for my hubby to do it...I had too! LOL
Hope u have a wonderful weekend!
Erin W said…
I can't imagine! :) But she is GORGEOUS either way. And if it makes you feel better I take pictures of EVERYTHING for the blog (weather it ever ends up posted or not).
LeAnna said…
Awww, she's still adorable, though! :) I had a hard time with my babies first hair cut, and I was the one that made the decision to take him. They just look so different after it's all said and done. Then, it grows back. ;)
carissa said…
she's cute enough to withstand a haircut from daddy!!! my lil' man has a mullet and i want to cut it, but my hubby won't let me! ha!
Oh hubs. You gotta love them. He was "helping!" Ah ha ha
Vanessa said…
He did a good job! Glad you got SOME evidence! :-D My sister's youngest has a serious mullet going on, and I swear I almost cut it when they were visiting -- I was going to blame it on my daughters too! Her 'party in the back' is LONG and just all over the place!
Miss Jody said…
Love the conversation going down!
Ha!ha! Sounds like the Hubs and me too...
"...wait! stop! I gotta get a pic for the blog!..."

Your baby is precious! :)
Unknown said…
LOL! I love your new look by the way, too cute!
erin said…
aw..she's still too adorable for words!
but don't you just love when hubbies try to help out, but it's all wrong, and we can't really explain why.
sometimes i would just rather do everything myself (and complain about it!)
She's precious with or without it! And I don't think she looks like a boy at all!

Popular Posts