Moist and MMMM MMMM Good!

I've mentioned it before..My in laws come over every Wednesday for dinner and dessert. I am blessed that they put up w/me come over because the kids love it and I love cooking for crowds (no surprise there). They will take Lily on a walk after dinner to give me a chance to clean up. I can truly say I LOVE MY IN LAWS (and no they don't read my blog) haha

Every week I try a new dessert out. This week it was from Gooseberry Patch
Peanut Butter Texas Sheet Cake
(Gooseberry Patch photo)


You will not go wrong with this cake. Gotta love Texas Sheet cakes....
This by far was the moistest cake I have had in ages. The icing was easy peasy to make and this cake got 5 stars from our family. I had all the ingredients on hand and it was quicker than a box cake! Please give this a try for all those peanut butter lovers. Mild in peanut butter flavor so no worries!

Tonight on the menu?
another Gooseberry Patch recipe from the new cookbook
French Dip au Jus

It's one of my hubby's favorite sandwiches and since this cooks in the slow cooker for 10 hrs how much easier could it be for me today?
Sides? Kids want rippled chips haha
The hubs and I are having

Cilantro-Jalapeno Slaw
slaw mix
2 jalapenos chopped (we keep the seeds in for heat)
1 tb chopped fresh cilantro
salt
pepper
I'm just gonna add oil and vinegar for a dressing!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

carrie1 said…
Is the house next door to you for sale?? Cause I would love to be your neighbor! =)
Genesis said…
do you have room for a stray child? i might need a home and yours looks comfy enough :)

your inlaws are lucky to have a wonderful person like you!
B F said…
Come cook for me!!! PUhhhhllleeassse!!!
I hope you do some cookin' while I am there!!! :) Looks delicious!
LeAnna said…
That peanut butter cake sounds amazing!
Katie Bailey said…
That cake looks FABULOUS!!
Vanessa said…
I think I gained 5 lbs reading this!
If only I wasn't trying to be good...I think I could eat that whole cake!

You dinner looks delicious!
Nicole Marie said…
YUHUHUUMMMY! U got me drooling over here!
Neely said…
Seriously will you cook for me? :)
MaMaWilson said…
YUM! all of that looks goooood
Thanks for the kind words about our recipes...your photos look fantastic and officially made us hungry for cake at 10am. :)

For more Gooseberry goodies, be sure to stop by our blog at, www.gooseberrypatch.com/typepad

Find us on Facebook too at, www.facebook.com/gooseberrypatch

See you there!
And apparently, the cake photos also made us forget our blog address...here the corrected one:

www.gooseberrypatch.typepad.com

Thanks again!
Kelly Marie said…
It looks so delicious (: I could never cook anything more than chicken on a grill haha. I give you so much credit!

I know how you love your cowboy boots & my husband and I are moving to Texas in a month..any good tips on where to get the best boots??

Popular Posts