Power Walks w/the Babes


I realized what a gadget lover I am....My laptop is in the shop for 6-8 weeks NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The screens pixels were all jacked up and I would have to tilt the screen to see pictures. Even then the colors were distorted. I was really wanting to see colors in their actual form again so I sucked it up and backed up the princess and gave her to hubs to take in. The past week I have been using a spare of the kids. Hubs tried to clean the computer of all programs and I think he took out one key component because it runs worse than dial up. I want my laptop back.

Also, the Bestie Taylor and I have been taking the babies on power walks to lose weight. Ok she doesn't have a lick of spit on her and doesn't need to drop an ounce, but....I have tons to shake off. We have been walking about 5 miles a day and doing lunges on our walk. I'm sure we are a sight to see doing this with the strollers. But our butts and thighs are hurting and so we don't care....we're gonna get them in shape for pool season.

Today the girls did really well, sometimes we have meltdowns and sometimes they are complete angels. Today Rals was just chilling w/her dried fruit and Lil was actually talking and humming and being happy. She started doing that..."hey let's see how many toys and food items I can throw out of the stroller and watch mom pick up" kind of day. She had my cell phone and threw it out. Now normally I don't freak b/c it was this awesome pink puffy cushion cover on it....but when she threw it the cover fell off and the phone broke into tons of pieces. Now again I normally don't panic b/c phones are quite tough...except when there is a freak puddle of water at the curb and no where else. Yep it landed right in it in a 3 pieces. I ran and got all the parts (phone, cover, and battery) and dried it the best I could. I thought it was fine until I got home and tried to use it....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
IT HAD SOME GREAT PICTURES ON IT. So now it's in parts really trying to dry out.

I didn't think I would say it, but I miss my phone and laptop! sniff sniff

Maybe I'll get a Publishers Clearing House winner notification in the mail telling me I'm not a loser...my luck needs to turn around.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
You can do it - sounds like a FUN workout...minus kids breaking your stuff LOL!
xoxo
Kelly Marie said…
Haha I can just picture you two doing the lunge walk!! Hope the cell phone ends up working!!
Genesis said…
sounds like a fun walk with Taylor and Rals.

bummer about your phone and laptop. sucks to be so powerless. i cant even go on a lunch break without connecting to facebook via my phone or checking my email. maybe they have a support group for gadget addicts...
oh my gosh first hush about me not needing to drop an ounce---I mean really? maybe I should add you to my post today ha! and I hope your phone keeps working!
Hold up wait a minute...You...lose weight???Are you KIDDING ME?!?! Psssssh!

Sorry about your phone!!

If PCH comes to your door with a million dollars, will you give me some? I need my luck turned around, too!!
Neely said…
Look at you hot moms and your power walks!
Kristen said…
I got a fortune cookie with lunch today and my fortune was "Your luck will change" I have been having pretty good luck, so I am going to pass it off to you, that way we can both have good luck!
Lydia & GT said…
I have a hard time working up the energy to walk 1 mile...a week...you are better than me!

I am constantly picking up toys and sippy cups...do you think that counts for lunges??? Sometimes...I lunge for them or do a little squat action to get to it under the table. I am counting it!
So sorry to hear about your bad luck!!But I'm sure that's going to change!!You are so sweet mom and after two bad things the good ones are here to come!!!kisses and hugs!!
Nic said…
You know I have become a gadget hater. Only because I have become that "old" person who can't figure out how to work anything!! I have to give it to my kids to show me how to work anything! Sad...but true!
Shannon said…
Y'all look great and kudos to y'all for getting your workout on. Have fun!
Annie said…
You go girls!! Proud of you for workin it with the strollers!! Sounds fun to me :)

I would DIE without my laptop or phone! Hope that yours are both back and working SOON!!
Jordan said…
You go ladies! Walk a little for me will ya?! ;-)

My sister dropped her's in the toilet before, let it air dry for the night and it worked the next morning. Hopefully the same happens for your phone!
carissa said…
6-8 weeks?! that is a long long time! here's to hoping that it will be ready much sooner. ooh, power walks sound fantastic. i'm so ready to get rid of the prego weight, but i guess i have to finish this pregnancy first. walk on gals!
Barbara said…
Morning, I have a blog and a list of Texas bloggers and will add your name to my list, please come check it out and follow along.

I love gadets too.

Barbara
Perpetual Prep said…
Hello, sweet lady! How are you?! I'm so sorry for my MIAness - what a whirlwind of a month it's been!

My hubby is the gadget lover in our house. I, of course, love electronics but he's the expert.

Hope you're having a great spring day!

Cheers,

sHp
Nic said…
I tagged you my Sweet friend!
Julie said…
What a bummer. What would life be like without all of our gadgets??? Hmmmmmm.....

Popular Posts