Two-For-One

I love when my mom stays for a week....she always leaves little notes for us to find after she has gone. A sweet reminder that she will be back and that she misses us very much. I usually find an article of clothing (or bag full this time) and some of her 'fun' magazines. She always buys the ones I wish I did, but don't. Like 'All You'. This usually has a few recipes that are a hit with my gang. (think back to the Meatball Soup)

I like meals that can simplify my life. And that is what I found in this yummy dish I made last night.

Last night's meal was Rigatoni in Creamy Tomato Sauce. It was de-lish. While the sauce was simmering, I gave it a little taste (Ok I took a huge spoonful)

I knew that I had a fantastic Creamy Tomato Soup on my hands. I have made a million pots of Creamy Tomato Basil Soup this past year and I am here to tell you....This sauce (made w/a bit more cream) might just be the winner. It's on the menu for next week.

rigatoni-creamy-tomato-ay-x


Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 3 ounces pepperoni, finely chopped
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream, warmed
  • Salt
  • 1 pound rigatoni
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves

Preparation

  • 1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add pepperoni and onion and cook, stirring, until onion is soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute longer.
  • 2. Add wine and cook, stirring, until almost evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and sugar, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in heavy cream. Season with salt.
  • 3. While sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add rigatoni and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes or as package label directs. Combine with sauce and basil and serve.
Along with this pasta dish I made some garlic bread we had at a friend's baby's 1st bday party. I had to steal it and make it for my gang...it was that good. The boys went in for 4ths. (I stole some for my leftover lunch today)

What you'll need for the bread...

French Bread
1 stick of melted butter
1 softened block of cream cheese
garlic powder and parsley flakes (I didn't have any fresh on hand)

Slice bread in half.
Melt the butter and stir in your garlic powder and parsley. Pour evenly over halves.
Dollop cream cheese over bread
IMG_9375

Put in preheated 375 oven for about 4 mins...just long enough to melt the cream cheese to spread evenly over melted butter.
Pop back in oven until crispy.
IMG_9376

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh my!! That looks so AMAZING!
I JUST started a new diet or I would totally be making that tonight! Yum... at least I can drool a little!!
Caroline said…
Mmmmm mmmmmm good!
Newlymeds said…
thanks for sharing this recipe. love your blog!
Annie said…
yum and yum!!
I am so ready for soups and fall foods!!
Erin Branscom said…
that looks so yummy! :) I love your blog header! I am a new follower to your blog! :) Erin

www.healthybranscoms.com
Anonymous said…

Hi there.)

Oh, you ve got such a cute blog!! I love it!
Nice post.))

I need your help (maybe again) ...
Do you anything about PayPal? If yes, can you say me about this system?
thanx.
Anonymous said…
Yumm! That looks good! Too bad my hubby has to have meat every meal.
Angie said…
Yum. I need both of those right now. Gosh, there are so many things we can do to make bread better. Bread is so good, but adding fun stuff makes it muy bueno!

Popular Posts