My Life in a Movie

A few days ago a girlfriend emailed me and asked if I had seen the previews for that new Sarah Jessica Parker movie coming soon? I told her I had no idea. She said it could have been based off of me...(minus the career outside the home) I pulled up the trailer and had a good laugh...

"I Don't Know How She Does It"



My hubs isn't a fan of
SJP, but after seeing this trailer I have to see it. I'd like to learn a few tricks of hers for how she does DO IT ALL.

My friends are always asking how I can do what I do with 5 kids...that they can barely do it with 1 or 2. My answer? I don't do it all. I'm hot mess half the time and look like something out of a ball pit not a magazine cover.

I rarely sit. (In fact I'm standing as I type this)

I rarely have a full conversation...they are usually in parts since my head is going a mile a minute (this drives my husband batty)

I rarely get a full nights sleep. I know sleep is important to keep one healthy, but I think the
dr who said that didn't have 5 kids and a husband to take care of.

When I do sleep I crash in seconds flat....only to be the lightest sleeper in the world. (I can hear footsteps on carpet)

Many times wish I could clone myself so she could do the yuck chores...
ie cleaning johns and laundry...I loathe laundry (again ask my hubs)

I'd need about 3 of everything in my house to make it run efficiently. But alas I haven't been on The Price Is Right show to win an extra oven and dishwasher yet. (I did get my wall of cabinets though...that's a start)

I've learned a few things though being a mom....A facial can happen right in your kitchen...just hold your face over a boiling pot of pasta....a foot soaking can happen in the kids bath water (
eww gross right?) Get the kids out of the bath and leave the water still in it....after you dry them off and dress them...head back to the tub...stick your feet in the now icy cold water....that few seconds of chill can wake you up and revive you in seconds.

Need a quick 5 min nap? Sit your kid in your lap with a sucker and take a snooze (I didn't say it was a healthy trick)

Need a trip to the hair salon? Give your 2 yr old a handful of brushes and tell her to make her mommy beautiful.

Need a workout? Strap a kid to the front of you...push a wild 2 yr old in a buggy and do shopping for 7 hungry
ppl. Have your 10 yr old push a buggy behind you loaded with groceries....and have her clip your heels w/the buggy every so often to keep you on your toes. Load it in the car. Unload the car. Then juggle putting it all up while keeping everyone happy.

Guess I'll wait for the movie for more tips on how to do it all...




Comments

Angie said…
Oh my! I am laughing so hard at the clip your heels with the buggy...haha! That is so funny!

I love you Laura, you really are amazing :)
LeAnna said…
Oh my goodness, amen, sister!!! I really want to see that movie, it looks cute.
Anonymous said…
Ha ha! I absolutely loved your blog today!!
I envy you!!
The Herd said…
Had to read you comment about the facial to my hubby!! HAHAHAHAHA!~!
Dana said…
LOL love this post!!! You are my true inspiration though!! I can't even run a household with 3 kids :/

That movie looks super cute, must see!

Hope you are doing well!
Stef said…
WOw! THat looks funny. I totally feel her/your pain. I am right there with you. I am still struggling to find my schedule for this school year. It is making me bonkers. If I don't have it, I am a chicken with myhead cut off.
Sigh.....
Neely said…
I tell you all the time you are superwoman!
carissa said…
here, here to the grocery store workout! i do that one too! : )
Ashley said…
You are a rock star, Laura! Seriously!

Popular Posts