Crazy Couple of Days...

Thanks for the well wishes yesterday...

(recap) Migraines started back in 88...you know the kind...where the light brings you to your knees...the pain throbbing in your head makes you wish for death....then you vomit your guts out and then pass out for 4+ hrs and then wake up in a haze. Yep that would be me. (raises hand)

Then after giving birth for the first time in 96, a lovely thing called 'vertigo' happened. At the time I didn't really know it had a name...I just called it 'a dizzy day' I would get sick doing pretty much anything. When I look back to that time I realize it really wasn't that bad of a 'dizzy day' compared to what it does now.

With each baby it got worse. I would take meclizine on a daily basis. But I hated the way it made me feel so I quit taking it and just 'dealt' with it. It pretty much effects daily chores...from doing laundry to cleaning floors. Any quick movement of my head makes me want to break out in a sweat and I need to deep breathe to get it back under control.

Enter in 2005....I thought I was getting a migraine and knew I had about 30 mins to get home and get someone to watch the kids for me...but this turned into something different...a migraine with knock you on the ground...the world spinning...vomiting vertigo. I tell ya I'd take the migraine any day over vertigo. Those spells were few and far between...maybe 1 a year...until recently. I had one in June...and another one yesterday.

I've heard all kind of reports from exercises you can do to your head to break up the bubbles in the inner ear that causes this to eating gluten free. Funny enough while going gluten free (Paleo Diet) I had an episode. I've recorded about everything and can't find a correlation to one thing to pin point why this would happen.

I feel totally worthless when this happens.. esp when you have 2 small kids that need you. Thankfully Reid was a good baby yesterday and took a good morning nap. I passed out with him. Hubs works from home so all was well! (knuckle punches air) He pulled all the shades...got me an eye mask to wear...shoved some pills down my throat...and let me rest.

Add to the suck suck....School Registration. I totally hate it and can't understand why THIS district makes you go down in person to fill the SAME EXACT PAPER WORK FROM LAST YEAR ALL OVER AGAIN. Some districts don't do this at all or SOME have moved to modern day technology and do what we call ELECTRONIC registration.

Can you see steam coming from my ears?

You see I have to take 2 tiny tots with me. There really isn't a 'good' time to go register. I've tried first thing when the doors open....1 hr later...2 hrs later...or last minute. Either way I have a line.

Add to the mess...yesterday was another one of those 'registrations' for middle school child. I was totally non social to all the moms I hadn't seen in a while....I guess I'll explain later why I seemed so rude and/or in a haze.

Last week I had 2 registrations...

at Kate's school, Lily decided to spin around in the middle of the table stations they had put up around the room and then jump on stage to do a play. I really didn't have the chance to chase her...I'M TRYING TO FILL OUT ALL THESE STUPID FORMS THAT I FILLED OUT LAST YEAR. That and I had Reid. So I just kept an eye on her and tried to pretend she wasn't mine. I should be grateful she didn't get nekkid right?!

At the high school registration I fell. Yep...got a big skinned knee and major bruises to show for it. You know you're old when you don't heal like you used to.

The parking spaces must be meant for compact cars...and the lot was filled with SUV's. I was trying to get the carrier out of the car and not dent the car next to me with my door. I lifted the carrier over my head (see where this is going?) and tried to turn with the carrier over my head. My feet got twisted...and down I went. Thankfully I took the blunt of the ground to cushion sweet boy in his seat. A man in his car was driving by and saw me and kept driving. What happened to Chivalry?

So I walk into the school bleeding...and see the line is 2 football fields long (ok not really) and I guess the a/c was only working inside the library and not the hallway they made us stand in to wait. Which by the way makes for happy (not) smelly people. Gotta love Texas in a triple digit heat wave

Here's to hoping my week gets better.

Comments

So sorry for all of that happening to you Laura! I wish you could home school the older ones too! If nothing else, that would save you from the registration nightmares! ;)
Neely said…
Im sorry its been a tough few days Laura. Hang in there. Text me if you want to vent!
LeAnna said…
You poor thing! I'm so sorry. :( Praying your week gets better!!!
:( I hope you get to feeling better. I can't imagine feeling that way and taking care of little ones. And I can totally feel for you. Hubbs and I went on a trip to Lowe's over the weekend and by the time we got from the car to the store we were already sweaty and nasty. Poor baby was all sweaty and red. Ah, Texas.
Geez! You have had a rough go of it this week! :( I hope you're feeling better and no more craziness happens to you!
Ashley said…
Goodness! Sorry you're having a rough time. Hope it gets better quickly!
jen said…
Sounds completely and utterly miserable. So sorry. Wish you could find a trigger so you could avoid it always. Feel better.
Anonymous said…
Have you ever been tested for Mennieres Disease? I have it and MAV (migraineous affected vertigo) and experience these same kind of symptoms. Google it or talk to your doctor. It sucks but it can be treated to minimize the problems. My heart goes out to you!
likeschocolate said…
Sorry you were feeling so bad. I am glad that your husband was able to help you. I agree that all the forms at school suck. It is easier to buy a gun in this country than send them to school.
Anna said…
Oh bless your heart girl!! I hope your week gets better and that the vertigo disappears!!!
Amber said…
I'm so sorry girl! I have migraines too, they aren't as frequent as they used to be (thank God!) but I feel your pain :( I hope you're feeling better!

Popular Posts