180 Days Ago...

This little man came into our life......

5

Here it is half a year down and so much has changed....I can't imagine my days, weeks, and life without him in it.

Here a year ago I was 14 weeks pregnant and didn't know he was a he.

(sadly i look like that today)

And today I hold this wiggly,silly, raspberry blowing, face kissing, carpet eating, cuddle bug. You went from rolling over to getting on your knees to crawling in minutes. My precious prince is growing.

4

We've been asked if you are the last baby to grace our lives....I can't answer that...only time can tell. But in the meantime, I cherish you as if you are my last baby. I try to squeeze each and every second of each day ...in hopes you stay the sweet angel you are.

That's what you are...my angel baby. After the loss of our baby back in March of last year..my heart was shattered....You healed me...You healed my faith too. You made me realize that it's God's plan, not my own...and that you were meant to be mine...here with us....at this moment. No matter what, I am so grateful for you my little dude friend.

For your first 6 months you have relied completely on me for food. Today marks the first day of something other than mommy.

1

Mommy has decided to make all your food...I mean why not right? I make all the other big and little people's food in the house...why not yours? I splurged on the BabyCook and glad I did. I like all in one appliances....and I made peaches, applesauce, and pears out the wazoo. I've even had to make your two older brother's some chunky applesauce. They have said it's the best stuff they have ever eaten. (I added some cinnamon in it for them)

You had your first taste of it and gave me a huge pucker.

3

I think you are still trying to figure this whole eating thing out....Needless to say you had a few bites and refused any more. We'll try again tonight.

You have your 6 month check up this week (along with big sis's almost 3 yr appt) I'm guessing you are 17 lb...but we'll see.

You have many nicknames around here...from dude friend...little guy...weed..(so far all Lily's) big man....baby....daddy calls you Bear....I call you turtle..that's what you looked like when you were trying to crawl. Little Duncan Reid you are blessed with a houseful of people that adore you.

You light up a room with your dimples...not a soul walks away from you sad. Your smiles are never failing.

Mommy had a giggle today..you were trying to crawl on the hard floor and looked like you were in a downward dog yoga position....I'm guessing the floor isn't your friend. Your little sister used to do a power crawl...one leg would crawl...the other would push off...she was the cutest thing.

Last night I caught you trying to go from crawling to a sitting position...wait and slow down would you...for next thing I know we'll be planning your first birthday party.

Happy 6 months my sweet angel...

(in case you missed the yummy breakfast...check out yesterday's post)

Comments

Erin said…
I'm slightly jealous you got that baby cooker . . . but know it makes your food making process WAY easy :) Isn't it amazing how fast time goes, and then somehow they are doing so many new things at once. I am sure he'll love more foods eventually, Parker was always very slow to warm up to everything, no matter if he ended up loving the first few bites were always such a funny thing to watch (the puckers, the gags, the smiles when he realized they were delish). And oh those baby blues ;) Such a sweetie!
Angie said…
Happy 6 months little cutie pie! You are the luckiest little boy on the planet...your momma is the best cook ever! Just flash that adorable smile and those gorgeous eyes and I'm sure she will give you whatever meal your heart desires :)
Neely said…
Love this. Happy 6 months Reid!
Stef said…
Wow! I can't believe he is that big now. He is so cute. sigh....
Meghan said…
He is just a doll face. What a beautiful post!
How sweet! Happy 6 months baby boy!!

I am thinking about making my own baby food...I have a really high end food processor that I've never used, would that work the same way? How do you store it?
Amber said…
Hi sweet little Reid! Happy 6 months :)
Happy Half Birthday Reid! The picture of him eating his applesauce certainly put a smile on my face! :)

I made "some" baby food for LB, but I really want to try the Baby Cook next time!
Carey said…
So adorable! My Sweet C turned 8 months today and I just can't believe it! They are growing so fast!
I'm making her baby food too. I've never seen this baby cooks before. Hmmm may have to look into that :)
likeschocolate said…
He is adorable! It is sad that the first year goes by way to fast. I can't believe our newest addition is almost 2 months old. It seems like just a minute ago I was complaining about my swollen ankles. I love your blog.
mountain mama said…
So sweet! Wow, already six months!!! Yes, God's plan is always better than anything we can imagine :)
LeAnna said…
He is just soooo adorable!!! Love those blue eyes.

Sorry I didn't text you back today, I was in the middle of dividing up peanuts and produce with our food co-op, had to run to the dairy, and then we had the great fire hooplah, not to mention somebody came over at 9:00 to buy something I had on craigslist. I'm tired.

You will love that apple peeler, though!!!!!! Will try to catch up with you tomorrow.
Annie said…
gosh Laura....he is just SOOOO cute!!

Popular Posts