Flip Flop'n in the Kitchen

We had the pleasure of having our nieces for Sunday and Monday. My oldest niece asked if we could make a fun recipe I'm always posting about and decorate cookies.

Cookies you say? Well heck yes....so off I went in search of a cookie cutter idea...and came up with flip flops...

flip

what a perfect way to end the summer. I went to my favorite cookie cutter/decorating site and bought a cutter and some vibrant dye colors. Can't have muted flips flops can we?

The girls helped me make the cookies...(they lost steam by the cutting out and baking part...) and I baked up 3 dz or so flip flops.

Later that day we had fun making the icing and creating masterpieces. I showed the girls how to outline and flood the cookies. Then I sat back and watched their creative minds flow.

6

I love this photo of my "just weeks shy of turning 13" niece. Notice how her cell phone is never far away.

5

Here's the girls creations....

3

2

Yes...I even stole a few cookies to decorate myself.

1

For dinner my oldest niece was also supposed to help me fix dinner for everyone...more teaching in the kitchen. Funny enough...she was too busy checking her emails online...ohhh to be a teen again.

She did watch me though....I made 2 of my yummy enchilada rings for dinner...served with a little queso on the side for dipping.

Love having my nieces visit in the summer....and having a house full of giggling girls

Countdown to school....6 days...

Comments

LeAnna said…
You are such a good Auntie! Love the cookies, please send one stat.
dottie said…
I love those cookies! So cute and look so yummy!
Megan Ashley said…
Adorable! I would love to get your icing recipe!!!
jen said…
You must be the funnest mom. Lily is always begging me to do stuff like this with her. And I? hate the mess.
Are you still doing your diet?
Angie said…
Those cookies are so cute!!!!

You get Auntie of the year for sure :)
The Herd said…
Can you email me the recipe? jnkbull at gmail dot com :) Yours look so pretty---the flip flops, but also the cookies~!
Anna said…
Seriously, super mom/super aunt!!
mountain mama said…
lovely~ you're much more patient than i!
Amber said…
Can you be my aunt?! Those cookies are adorable!
Neely said…
What a super cute idea!

Popular Posts