Wall Makeover...B/c I've got Time on my Hands

Yes...I did create more hours in the day so I can accomplish many projects....
(care to join me?)
from canning, to cookie decorating....to ice cream making .....to now painting walls

Oddly enough it was almost a year ago today that I painted other walls in the house. I realized I had some leftover paints and glazes from last year and thought....heck let's go for it.

Hubs and I are adding some extra cabinets in the kitchen for extra storage space and I thought I might as well make the wall behind it look bea-u-ti-ful first.

Base coat "corkboard"
glaze "mocha"

First do a couple of coats of your base coat. Sadly there goes my menu board and Lily's new chalk wall

wall

Finished base coat. Hubs actually would like this color on the wall, but a bit darker. (we love the rustic theme)

IMG_9064

Now on to your glaze. I like to sponge it on in sections
IMG_9069

and then wipe off with a paper towel to the desired look you are looking for
IMG_9073

(love my blue gloves? I use them for everything from cutting chicken...onions...trash can clean up...to glazing)

IMG_9075

and then viola....
1

Cabinets are being installed as I type.....




Comments

courtney said…
Love, love, love the color and that glaze looks fabulous! Can't wait to see the end results!
Anna said…
Girl, you are impressive!! I think it looks beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished product!
LeAnna said…
I love it! That has to be one of the most simple glazing techniques, ever. But it's gorgeous!
Caroline said…
Look at you go! Great job!
Lori said…
oh my gosh it looks AMAZING :)
You.are.AMAZING! Seriously, your my hero. You way a bajillion more kids than me AND a little one my boys age and you still got this done?! BRAVO!! And it looks so awesome, we love that sorta look too
Neely said…
You should be president. You'd get more done :)
The Herd said…
way to go! Love the wall!
Hi! Came over thru FLower Mama...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that color and the rustic look! We have recently moved and have MUCHO painting to do...I may have to use those colors somewhere. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
Unknown said…
very cool. love painting.

love the look of your blog as well!

cheers.
Amber said…
love the color~
carissa said…
pass some time to me, please!!! i'm amazed at all you do!

Popular Posts