I've "Bean" a Busy Bee

1

Remember my splurge? Got me some Vanilla Beans...

I've been dying to make some vanilla bean sugar....the first thing I made was some Sugar Cookies...I used my usual recipe and cut the extract a bit ...I wasn't sure how it would taste. Hubs said they tasted great, but I should keep the extract the same and then they would be greatness.

I'm now thinking of all the things I can make with my beans. I ordered 1/4 lb vanilla beans on ebay and glad I did...these babies smell incredible and the price was fantastic....I feel stupid for spending $6.50 at the store for just 2 beans.

3

I played around with flooding and dragging ...my inspiration came from my Martha Stewart July Magazine

2

After I finished taking pictures...I sadly forgot to move the last batch off of where I was taking pictures. Lily decided to 'help' me out a bit and took her finger and swirled the images on my cookies. ummmm....such a big helper huh? She was very proud of her work. That's my girl.

This weekend I'm gonna make my Panna Cotta again...this time using my new sugar. ohh hello goodness.

What does one do with Naan Bread? Well make pizza of course. I'm addicted to White Pizza lately.

pizza

Preheat your oven with a baking stone in it to 400'. Bake your Naan bread for about 4 mins...Then start topping it. I like to drizzle a bit of Olive Oil over it first. Then I sprinkle with garlic salt. Next comes the yummy cheese. I generously spread Mozzarella cheese all over. Then I dollop with Ricotta Cheese. Sprinkle a little more garlic salt...Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Baked it for another 10 mins. Yes Please....

I also have been making baby food out the wazoo. Reid seems to gag and spit and totally refuse the applesauce. (hello I've got 10 cubes of the stuff) He literally pinched his lips together and refused entry of the stuff. ok weird.....so tonight I gave sweet potatoes a try.

5.1

HE LOVED THEM....kept grabbing the spoon and shoving it in. I think we found a yummy winner. Fresh baby food...smells...looks...and tastes a million times better. I love my new tool.

4


Comments

Jessi said…
Laura, are you kidding me?! Those cookies look so amazing!! How in the world did you do that? You have skills girl, skills! :)
Annie said…
Those cookies look AMAZING....seriousy, so great!! Nice work mama!! And the white pizza looks delish too!! I think that I am going to have to add that to my dinner list!!
I Do Declare said…
Those cookies look SOOOOOO good!
mountain mama said…
oh girl, those cookies are awesome!!!!!!!
Neely said…
Do you ever sleep?
Ashley said…
Your cookies look so so good!!

Love the picture of Dude Friend! He has the most beautiful eyes! Precious boy!
I need to make that pizza STAT. Actually I just need you to pack your bags and come teach me to cook. It'll only take me a week to learn. Well maybe...

Popular Posts