Menu Monday....Never Fear

Never you fear Photoshop is here! Ok I miss my camera....esp when Lily is doing the obvious cute stuff and it's Monday! Instead I hopped on photoshop and made my own!!!

Tonight is the old stand by....angel hair and all that jazz!

Tues...I have been craving cibatta rolls and BLT...but w/o the T and arugula instead of the L...thinking of doing either an avocado spread or just layering them on!

Wed is totally wishful thinking. Since the In Laws come over every wed and last wed date night was fun...why not try it again???!! I'm dying to try a place called Fireside Pies!!! Hubs looked at the menu board last night and said...

Hub "What's up w/Wednesday night?"
Me "Date Night"
Hub "Why?"
Me "Because it was fun and I want to go out again"
Hub "Why?"

UGH honey!!! Men! The In Laws don't know it yet, but I figure I'll spring it on them when they get in the door. I mean they really don't come to see us and if I have dinner and dessert (my FIL is a huge choc freak) then all can't go wrong!

For dessert I'm making

4 Layer Chocolate Dessert
1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. chopped nuts
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c. powdered sugar
2 (8 oz.) containers Cool Whip
3 1/2 c. milk
2 tsp. vanilla
2 sm. boxes instant chocolate pudding
FIRST LAYER: Mix flour, melted butter and nuts, saving enough nuts to sprinkle on top when completed. Spread over the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees; let cool.

SECOND LAYER: Use mixer to blend cream cheese, 1 container Cool Whip and powdered sugar. Pour over crust and spread carefully with a spatula. Refrigerate while fixing the next layer.

THIRD LAYER: Mix 2 boxes instant pudding with milk and vanilla. Beat until thickened and spread over second layer. Refrigerate 10 minutes.

FOURTH LAYER: Spread remaining Cool Whip over top and sprinkle with nuts.

My mom used to make this when I was younger....for some reason it hit me yesterday and I can't get it out of my head! It's super the next day so I'm gonna make this on Tues to let the flavors marry!!!



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

A style blog said…
Can you please come over and cook for me? I love all your menus!
Date nights are the best! Have you thought about having In-Laws TAKE Lily out and you and hubby sit in the yard and have a candlelit picnic?
Heck I will come watch your kiddos for that yummy chocolate cake. LOL and you are right, men don't get it.
Kelly Marie said…
Aw yay date night! I love all your dinners! So much better than me and my husband...we have the same things every week. Chicken, veggie, carb. Steak, veggie, carb. Pork, veggie, carb. Pizza. Burger, veggie, carb. etc etc haha
Angie said…
I have been craving BLT's! Done...going to the store after naps for some bacon and fun bread!
I was craving BLTs last week! I made egg salad blts from Our Best Bites and they were delish. I've never thought to put avocado on it...yum!

I hope Wednesday works out! Date Nights are so fun!
Mama B said…
Oh my gosh, all that delicious food you're preparing is making me HUN-GRY!! Mmmmm. And, I think date night sounds like a great idea...even if the in-laws don't know about it yet. They will soon enough! ;)
Liz Mays said…
I hope you get your date night!!!

I just copied that recipe. I need that!
carissa said…
i'm so glad you posted this recipe before i started my diet. hugs to you.
Neely said…
Laura I think you should cook and have Dallas blog girls over one night...just sayin. And arent date nights the best...enjoy it you deserve it :)
Jami said…
I love that layered dessert too! I make mine with a crushed oreo crust, but only for parties because otherwise I will wolf it all down myself! Good luck on that date night plan. I need one too! :)

Popular Posts