Menu Monday..



Tonight is Grilled Chicken w/Pesto Farfalle! Ohhh yea baby!!

Now I cheat and buy 2 rotisserie chickens from WallyWorld and just shred it in a container and use it for the week when a recipe calls for chicken. (like my quesadillas this week)
  • 20 ounces uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 (3.5-ounce) jar commercial pesto (about 1/3 cup)
  • 3/4 cup half-and-half
  • 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
  • 4 cups halved grape tomatoes (about 2 pints)
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil

Preparation

1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Place pasta in large bowl.

2. Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Combine 1/2 cup milk and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add milk mixture to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in pesto. Gradually add remaining 1 cup milk and half-and-half, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook 8 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Add 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1 cup cheese; stir until cheese melts.

3. Add chicken and sauce to pasta, tossing well to coat. Add tomatoes and basil; toss gently. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Serve immediately.

The flavors in this are unbelievable! For those who are on WW it's 11pts!

Today is Monday...for those confused. I mean I know I am. The kids got out last Thursday and hubs took off Friday and so needless to say I'm turned around. The good side to this...I had Mini Me go w/me today to do my grocery shopping! I only had my heels run into a handful of times...luckily they were selling new ones on aisle 5! :o)

I got a really great nap today too w/littlest baby.....aww nothing like threatening your children with violence if they make a sound a quiet house when napping with a sweet baby!

This weekend we once again tried taking Lils to the pool. The last time she was more interested w/stealing other ppl's pool toys at their tables or bags. This time we were armed with our own pool toys. It worked for a few minutes. Then she saw a plastic cup (trash) on the ground and brought it into the pool for scooping water. All was well. UNTIL she wanted to walk around the pool.

Problem is the depth changes and it goes above her head. She didn't care. She wanted us to turn her loose....so we did...she went under...we pulled her up...she wanted more. I'm thinking...'hey this is great...our child didn't freak when going under and wants more'


Only that was a problem...she didn't want us to hold her. She wanted to keep walking under the water....and trying to breathe! Yes our child is hard headed...hence why she never sleeps.

We saw some kids playing over by the shallow area and they were lounging on their backs in the water...She walked right over to where they were...got right in between them and mimicked laying on her back too! I busted out laughing. She cracks us up!

Needless to stay she was screaming bloody murder and fighting us b/c we wouldn't turn her loose. I went home and ordered one of these.

Hopefully this solves the problem until I can teach her to swim!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

LJO said…
That recipe sounds really delish! Gonna steal it and try it out at home:) Your blog is super adorable. I'm your newest follower. Please stop by and check mine out.

Leslie

singlemom82.blogspot.com
Lils is FIESTY!! Dang!

I texted you this weekend...what am I now...chop liver?!?!
Not a good post to read when I'm STARVING. HA! Yum!
Anonymous said…
Lils is a sassy little lady!!

What's the recipe for your Thai Noodle Salad, if you don't mind sharing?
YUM! oh and thats not what I got rals...hers just has the stomach part not the arm floaties but I did get her plain floaties that ben said she can wear
Liz Mays said…
I like your chicken shredding cheat! Your little water girl is brave!
LeAnna said…
Oh yes, I'd love to see the recipe for the thai noodle salad, too! I love cheating with a rotisserie chicken, they make great chicken salad. Swimming pools scare me! I never learned how to swim. Hopefully Hubby will teach our kids!
Mariel Torres said…
that recipe looks absolutely delicious! would love to try it out soon ;)

Popular Posts