How Big is Your Bed?

So I'm sure you have heard me whine talk about how Lily co-sleeps. But she doesn't just co-sleep she rules the bed. We stick her in the middle and inevitably she ends up smashed against my body while hubs has miles of room. I mean we have a king sized bed for pete's sake you think she'd find room of her own. Top it off that she still nurses at night (yes I WAS too lazy to make her quit, but not anymore) Every time she would press against me she would rouse and want a boo-boo. Well I'm TIRED OF IT....I told hubs we need to build a platform for her twin bed the height of our big bed and put her in it.

This weekend hubs and Tk's hubby built said platform

On Saturday night I thought I would finally get some great sleep...nope...she was freaked by it and wouldn't sleep on it. Sunday afternoon I asked her ...Mommy's bed or Lily's...well guess where she chose? Her's and she slept a great nap....same for bedtime...I asked again...she said Lily's...she slept until 4am ...asked for a boo-boo...(yes I gave it up) and she stayed on her side! Then slept until 7:45 am! I got the best night sleep in ages! Now in a year I'll move this bed to her room and BOOM...haha

You have to understand this co-sleeping is foreign for me....the 1st 3 kids were sleeping in their own beds by 4 months w/no issues! Lily breaks the mold!

Yea Me though for getting some sleep and using my brain about building the platform. We can fit a small army in it...maybe even more kids! (wiggles eyebrows)

Tomorrow Jake (2nd child) has some food project where they have to bring a certain food from different regions of the country to share with the class. He got the North East section. We'll I'm a Southern Girl...so I don't do that food (kidding.. I do love Lobster...clam chowder and all that) ...haha.. the North East does grow cranberries sooooo I baked


Glazed Cranberry Orange Loaves


Ingredients:
Bread
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
1 orange
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup dried cranberries

Additional pecan halves (optional)

Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon orange juice

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray bottom of Mini Loaf Pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Chop pecans using Food Chopper; add to batter bowl. Mix well and set aside.
  2. In Small Batter Bowl, microwave butter on HIGH 45-60 seconds or until melted. Zest orange to measure 1 tablespoon zest. Juice orange to measure 1/4 cup juice. Add zest, juice, eggs and milk to butter in batter bowl; whisk until combined. Add butter mixture to dry ingredients; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix. Gently stir cranberries into batter.
  3. Fill each cavity of loaf pan with about 1 cup batter. Top batter with additional pecan halves, if desired. Bake 40-45 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center of loaves comes out clean and tops are golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pan; remove to Stackable Cooling Rack. Cool completely.
  4. For glaze, mix powdered sugar and orange juice until smooth; drizzle evenly over cooled loaves.


This recipe is from Pampered Chef...I used to be obsessed with all their gadgets...
I would make this recipe in the past for teacher Christmas gifts ..A yummy in your tummy easy peasy recipe! Trust me...you will double the batch like I do! (Gotta have some for yourself too!

(Photo taken before the Orange Glaze)


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Angie said…
Those little bread looks devine :) I love pampered chef...I have one of their stones and use it all the time!
B F said…
That bed is the cutest thing ever! Good for you for getting some much deserved sleep!!!!!
carissa said…
the bread loaves look delish! i wish i was in his class! ; )
A style blog said…
That bed is too cute. You're such a good momma.

Speaking of momma's my mum made me some orange muffins this weekend. I think her recipe is very similar to yours.
M.O.T.B said…
We have been letting Kamden cry it out in his own crib, heartbreaking but seriously he is 15 months and never spent a night in his own bed, I have been soooo lazy!
Neely said…
Im so glad lilly let you get some good sleep :)
jen said…
Well now, aren't you clever? That is the greatest idea ever! Especially with her own blanket and everything. I think it should be easier to move her now!
Now what a smart idea! Hopefully you'll get some better rest now...I know those little feet in the ribs are a pain! ;)
I love the extended bed you made there. So funny but also YAY it worked. Hey you do what works best for you. If I was still not sleeping all night, I would have done the same thing. I become a really unhappy person when I lack sleep.
Yay for Lilly picking her own bed to sleep in and for actually sleeping good. I bet your ecstatic.
Great solution guys.
Laura Beth said…
hilarious and inventive. :) So is it now a twing?
Vanessa said…
Yay for 'her' bed! My girls always slept in their own bed, but lately they've been crawling in with me -- thankfully just one or the other, not both! And of course always *my* side! Why?!
YUM! That bread looks incredible! My little man wanted his crib practically from day one. My hat's off to ya lady!
Unknown said…
Ok, that bread looks amazing!! And I have no great ideas for your sleeping situation because I don't have kiddos, but I do have a dog who thinks he is also king tut when it comes to hogging the bed! That is so stinkin' cute though that her bed is built onto yours now! You would think you have all the room in the world....I'm sure it will catch on soon!!
Stef said…
DOn't you love a good night's sleep. You know, every child is so different...what a creative woman you are! And yummy bread. You can send it my way! Yummy`

Popular Posts