Whatcha Putting In Your Body?


As a parent we research things into the ground...or heck half the time I do. If I hear something that sparks interests in me than I try to find as much as I can.

Using a midwife? Well that's b/c my experience was horrible all 3 times in a hospital....Midwives get such a bad rep and I'm not sure why?! After having Lily at the birthing center w/my incredible Midwives I will never set food in a hospital again....still wondering what you will do? It's a personal decision...but I suggest you rent "The Business of Being Born". on netfix

Our decision to not vaccinate Lily or ever again for the big kids? Well again another personal decision. I guess I was starting to questions why shots went from 8 to 36 in the past 20 years. Do they even know the effects long term...(ie when those kids become adults?)
Why are food allergies on the rise? I never heard of one child in my grade growing up ever being allergic to peanuts. Now there are Peanut Free zones everywhere. Why is asthma on the rise....the list could go on. I have seen sooo many cases infertilty in women in their 20's lately. WHY?

What are in these shots we are injecting in our babies? Why on earth would they make our child spike a fever and be fussy the day of? I realized I was listening to what the media and AAP said and wondered what their agenda was for pushing these poisons on my kids? So we decided to do delayed vaccinating w/Lily. We are waiting until way over 2 yrs of age and then we are choosing only a few shots. The brain develops and grows the fastest in the first 2 yrs of an infants life...we wanted to give Lily's every chance to not have something hinder that. And go figure...Lily is our healthiest kid of all 4. Even with the germs the big kids bring home from school...she's never been really sick other than runny nose. I can't tell you how many ear infections and colds and other issues the big kids had the first 2 yrs of life.
AGAIN PERSONAL DECISION. But I challenge you to look at the ingredients in your child's shots!

Lastly I was wondering about Fluoride. Ok why is it harmful to swallow, but we are adding it to our water to drink? What is Fluoride? Hubs asked me if I really wanted to know? He gave me the documents he pulled up and I nearly wept!
According to the handbook, Clinical Toxicology of Commercial Products, fluoride is more poisonous than lead and just slightly less poisonous than arsenic. It is a cumulative poison that accumulates in bone over the years.

A study by Procter and Gamble showed that as little as half the amount of fluoride used to fluoridate public water supplies resulted in a sizable and significant increase in genetic damage. Epidemiology research in the mid-1970's by the late Dr. Dean Burk, head of the cytochemistry division of the National Cancer Institute, indicated that 10,000 or more fluoridation-linked cancer deaths occur yearly in the United States.


In addition to the well documented toxic effects of fluoride, fluoride even at dosages of 1 part per million, found in artificially fluoridated water, can inhibit enzyme systems, damage the immune system, contribute to calcification of soft tissues, worsen arthritis and, of course, cause dental fluorosis in children. These are unsightly white, yellow or brown spots that are found in teeth exposed to fluoride during childhood.

And this was just the beginning of what I saw....Hitler used Fluoride in his camps...research it

Here's a great quote from a chemist "I was told of this entire scheme by a German chemist who was an official of the great IG Farben chemical industries and was also prominent in the Nazi movement at the time. I say this with all the earnestness and sincerity of a scientist who has spent nearly 20 years' research into the chemistry, biochemistry, physiology and pathology of fluorine--any person who drinks artificially fluorinated water for a period of one year or more will never again be the same person mentally or physically." - CHARLES E. PERKINS, Chemist, 2 October 1954.

more quotes
"Careful, bonafide laboratory experimentation by conscientious, patriotic research chemists, and actual medical experience, have both revealed that instead of preserving or promoting 'dental health,' fluoridated drinking water destroys teeth, before adulthood and after, by the destructive mottling and other pathological conditions it actually causes in them, and also creates many other very grave pathological conditions in the internal organisms of bodies consuming it. How can it be called a "health" plan? What's behind it?

more
"That any so-called "doctors" would persuade a civilized nation to add voluntarily a deadly poison to its drinking water systems is unbelievable. It is the height of criminal insanity. "No wonder Hitler and Stalin fully believed and agreed from 1939 to 1941 that, quoting from both Lenin's Last Will and Hitler's Mein Kampf: "America we shall demoralize, divide, and destroy from within." ...


ok I'm finished.....personal decision again to stop all Fluoride toothpastes in my house and get the Zero Water filter for our water! Why don't more scientists talk to the health board and push to get this poison from our water supply?



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

I Do Declare said…
I met with a group of midwives (b/c I handle healthcare policy at my job - not yet for personal needs) and I found their work fascinating!
LeAnna said…
I knew I loved you. I give hearty amens to all of the above. My former boss was one of the first to tell me about fluoride (7 years ago) and I did the research about the concentration camps. It's true, folks. Fluoride suppresses one of the biggest glands in our bodies, the thyroid. And to think you can buy bottled water for your KIDS with added fluoride?!?! Makes no sense. Great info to pass, along. People NEED to be informed.

I don't believe anything the FDA says, which may be a little radical, but seriously - they're greedy and want to push products for drug company incentives. It's been going on for forever. Gotta do our own research and not believe anything and everything that comes down the main pipe.

Keep spreading the word, sister!
Sarah Ann said…
How informative! That's amazing about that fluoride! I need to look into it more!
Anonymous said…
My mom had us kids in the hospital, but she doesn't vaccinate, as uses natural stuff as much as possible. We rarely go to the doctor but use GSE, garlic, etc. And we have well water!
crissy231 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne said…
Dear Laura-
I have been reading your blog for a couple of months. I'm not sure how I stumbled upon it, but I love your funny stories of motherhood and recipes.
That said, I have a couple of thoughts about all of this. I so respect everyone's right to their own opinion, so please know that I do come from that place when writing this. I am a dental hygienist-pediatric at that. There is so much research out there on fluoride, and there is another side to it. Seek it out on the internet as well, please! I work in public health and private practice, and I am thankful that fluoride exists as one tool against tooth decay. Tooth decay is the number one cause of missed school days in our country, and so many children have inadequate or no access to dental care. My biggest reason for being moved to comment is not that I disagree with the use of fluoride in our country, but the idea put forth that there is an agenda behind it to harm. I feel strongly that people don't go into healthcare with an agenda to do harm. They are doing the best they can with the knowledge and research that is available now. I don't know what the future holds for research regarding fluoride, but the research says that at the levels it is supplied in toothpaste and our drinking water, it is safe and effective. I do understand that reassurance may not be good enough to a parent, but I also know that a child that doesn't get fluoride may pay for it in the dental chair. An acceptable trade off? I can't answer that. The same goes for vaccinations. The number that is recommended these days gives me pause. However, over and over again, the research can't prove they aren't safe. It's all worth our time to investigate, and the decision can only be made individually. I just felt the need to stand up and say that while there are differing opinions, please, please don't assume there is an agenda to harm if a healthcare provider does believe in these tools. I'd love to send you the large packet of research I have on fluoride, if you are interested. I hope this is all taken with the respect it is intended.

Sincerely,
Lynne, RDH, BSE
Amen Sista : )

My Cowboy and I have been researching the vaccine and floride "issue" for some time now. Although we don't have any children yet, we have our personal opinions about it. We have weighed our options both pros and cons and now we have a comfortable and well-thoughtout plan for our future children.


Only you are in control of your children's future and destiny.
LJO said…
Thank you for the information. I appreciate that you took the time out to do this:)

Leslie

New follower. Come visit me at
singlemom82.blogspot.com
Stacie said…
Great post, I'm really conscious of these kinds of things too! A few coworkers and I were just discussing flouride the other day, very timely!
Amy J said…
Wow! Thanks so much for passing on your thoughts and research. It's our job as moms to do that kind of hard thinking! Blessings-
Nicole Marie said…
i agree about the vaccines. my moms a doctor and still will only give my brothers (and recommends to her patients) 1 shot at a time. some doctors try to give 5 at a time!! thats crazy! she only give 1 at a time and only the ones they could be exposed to. So if the kids in day care then its probably a good idea to get the mmr vaccine, but there's so many these days its crazy!

Popular Posts