Menu Monday and My Momma's Coming



I'm uber lazy this week. I've only made it through Wed. night's dinner. You see my AWESOME little momma is coming to stay for the week and she is pickier than any child you know. Half the time she turns her nose up at everything...and guess what...sometimes she hasn't even tried it yet. So I've left a few days open for change!

Tonight? A little pan fried breaded chicken...with melted parm cheese on top of a bed of angel hair w/some sauce. Oh and garlic bread...we can never forget that in our house!
(Yes I went easy tonight)

The kids are super excited to get her for a week...Me too...I'm seeing a Mani/Pedi in my future!!!

Looking for something to do w/the kids today? Whip this Fun Dough up in secs
Use any color of food coloring paste to create a rainbow of gifts.



Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 cups nonedible dough
Ingredients

* 1/2 to 3/4 cup warm water, divided
* 1 teaspoon white vinegar
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup salt
* Food coloring paste

Preparation

1. Stir together 1/2 cup warm water and 1 tsp. vinegar.

2. Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Slowly stir in water mixture with a wooden spoon until a stiff dough forms, adding up to 1/4 cup more water, if necessary. Knead until smooth and workable. Divide dough into portions, and add desired amount of food coloring paste. Shape dough portions into blocks. Store in refrigerator in a zip-top plastic bag.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

I Do Declare said…
I'll be over for dinner on Weds. night - ha! Have fun w/ your momma!
Stephanie said…
Just printed that off! Thanks. My girls are 11 and 8 but still love playdough:)
Stephanie said…
I bet my daughter would LOVE the playdough. But she would probably eat it. Any ideas for edible dough?
Enjoy the time with your mom!
Kelly Marie said…
Have fun with your Momma!!! :)
I wanna come to your house tonight. HA!
Heather said…
Can I come over for dinner tonight? :) I love Chicken Parm...it's one of my faves!
LeAnna said…
I can smell your supper ideas from here! Yummeee!
Stef said…
HEy Can I have that recipe for you Chicken Parm. It looks so yummy!!
oops.theregoesmymind.gmail.com
Good luck with the picky eater. I didn't know my daughter was staying with you this week...but good luck with that!
Ashley O. said…
Mmmm I would love some chicken parm. right now!! Oh, and some garlic bread too!! :)
Morgan said…
I'm trying this one tomorrow, thanks Laura!
jen said…
Just a note--made the chicken farfalle last night, and my hubby asked how hard it was to make because he loved it. Definitely on my favorites list now! Plus, we had fresh cherry tomatoes out of the garden.
Secret Mommy said…
I'm always wanting to make homemade dough for playing with but never get around to it. Maybe this is the week... :) Thanks for the recipe/motivation.
Angie said…
yay for the mani/pedi! i love getting my toes did! have fun with your mommie!
Shannon said…
Love visits with Momma. I have a mani pedi this week too! I can't wait, hope you find time for one too!
Playdough is so much fun.... my kids always loved the kind I made the best!

Popular Posts