A Day In My Life with Lily

I think she broke the mold on little creatures! I've said it before and I'll say it again...She is nothing like the other 3 kids and she gives me a run for my money! On a daily basis the child doesn't sit still...she is constantly moving and shaking discovering new things and how they work. She also watches everyone around her like a hawk and will mimic your every move! Sometimes I spend more time picking up a room after her I don't get a chance to clean the house...I've felt like a horrible wife lately! You can have a room clean...walk off to get laundry and walk in and can't tell you even spent 10 mins straightening it. (deep sigh) I've been so exhausted lately that I feel like the chores are growing.

Thank Goodness for summer...the kids have been a huge help. My new rule...? "If you walk past a Lily Mess Stop to Bless" ...in other words...CLEAN IT UP!

The other day I dropped Mini Me off at a party ..just down the street mind you. I was gone all of 45 mins b/c they had a little baby and I couldn't keep my hands off him!! When I came home.....dear hubs was asleep on the couch and Lily had emptied the pantry....and this is what I found by hubs...Blackmail photo


The other morning I went to unload the dishes....got called away...(sidetracked) and this is what I found upon my return....


This morning I had a cup of coffee....and you know how it is with Mom's and coffee right? You put it down and have to reheat it 3 times to get a cup! I hear the words "OHHH Yummm Toffee" I realize she means coffee and run in to see this...
(never fear I drink decaf and so much creamer it's not funny)

Ok Ladies....tonight on the menu? Grilled Chicken, Black Bean and Corn Salsa and Garlic Mashed Potatoes!
My mother couldn't stop eating the salsa....I had to take it away so we'd have it for dinner still.
I usually double it and triple it when I take it to a party!

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

1 15oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 cup frozen corn (thawed)
1/2 chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
8 green onions (chopped)
3 tbs lime juice
2 tbs balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
and my add....1/2 cup El Fenix Salsa (it makes this rock)

Stir together and serve!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Jess2Impress said…
This post made my day... Too funny!
Anonymous said…
Mmmmmmm Toffee!! HAHA Love it!
Ashley O. said…
I like your little Lily! She seems like quite the adventurer!! I love it! :)
Sam said…
LOL! This is just too funny! I really like this kid, hehe. I agree with the first comment -- totally made my night!
Shannon said…
Totally know where you are coming from. Since GG began crawling and now that she's walking I hardly sit down during the day! The girl is wearin' me OUT! Hope you have a terrific weekend, Laura!
Stephanie said…
Bwhaha...that photo! Oh and she is the little helper isn't she!

Must go make some Toffee now. Thanks for the smile:)
Ashley said…
Seriously, how cute is she? Mmmm,toffee! Love it.

Ashley
www.smithjohnston.blogspot.com
LeAnna said…
I feel you here, and I only have one! Oh my word, I can't keep my house straightened for nothing. Clean, yes, but not straightened. If that beautiful dining table were in my house, it would have stuff all over it. At least yours is cleared off! ;)
Yum laura I just made that and its delicious! And that photo of your hubby is hilarious! On your lil one! The dishwasher was a good one too
Secret Mommy said…
Oh, I love her! She and my Henry would make a nice pair. He also drinks coffee if it's left around and LOVES to climb in the dishwasher... :) Too funny!
haha i loveee the donut shot haha. that seriously cracked me up and is totally something my sophia would do. same with the dishes. what is it with babies and the dishwasher?? she is fascinated by it. oh and that recipe sounds soo good. i might have to make that up next time we grill out chicken.sounds perfect with it.
Lindsey said…
Ha Ha, she is cute! My lil guy does the same thing with dishwasher. One day he will learn to hate to unload the dishwasher just like I do lol
Stef said…
That donut picture is awesome! When you walked in, did you even wonder just a litte if your hubs was blaming your child for it? Hahaha.
Oh man! She is busy isn't she?! My parents used to put bells on my little sisters shoes because she just like Lily!

Hope y'all have a great Father's Day!
Vanessa said…
I have said so many times to my girls, especially my younger one, "IT'S A GOOD THING YOU'RE CUTE!" Looks like you might say that too! ;-)

Popular Posts