Fishy Fishy Fishy.....


Tonight on the menu?

Basil Mayonnaise Fish Sandwiches w/Salt & Vinegar Chips and bottled Root Beer!!
This is by far a favorite in my family! Except for Mini Me...but then she turns her nose up at pretty much everything.

Basil Mayonnaise
1 cup light mayo
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves

Process all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Store in airtight container in fridge for up to 1 week.
Makes 1 1/2 cups

Fish
2 lb firm fish cooked (I use Tilapia)
1/4 tsp lemon rind
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup purple onion thinly sliced

Flake fish in a medium bowl. add lemon rind and juice, oil, salt and pepper. Tossing gently to coat.

Now it says to spread the mayo mix on the bread and then layer w/fish and onions....BUT what we found tasted yummy was mixing some of the mayo mix in w/the fish first! woohoo!!


Bought Littlest Girl a flower swimming pool to play in....she got so tired from playing that the next thing I noticed she was laying down w/her head on the edge...the look on her little face was priceless! I'm glad I captured it!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

carissa said…
she looks so cute in her pool! i want this dinner tonight!!! it would be a great last pregnancy meal! when can i come over? : )
Her face IS priceless! Just chillin' in the pool. :)

That dinner sounds yummy...exactly how do you cook all these delicious meals and not gain a ton?!?
I wish life was that easy for us adults! Just chill in a pool...not a care in the world!
Neely said…
Can I have a pool like that too??
carrie1 said…
mmmm... this looks so delicious!
Anonymous said…
oh she is so cute, love that tired out little face!

and dinner sounds delish, i think i'll be making this too!
Kristen said…
Look at that little lady...all played out! So precious!
Ah your recipes are delicious! I just finished up all of our tilapia that we had left! Lil looks adorable in her little pool relaxing!
Liz Mays said…
She really did get pooped out there! That sandwich looks amazing.
Tatum-LeTard said…
Cute blog! My fiance would die for this recipe! Maybe I will surprise him with it :) Have a great day!
That pictures is priceless. I love it. So cute!
Secret Mommy said…
Food looks good, but the pic is the cutest thing I've seen all day!
Kelly Marie said…
What a cute picture!! She looks absolutely adorable!! Oh and I tried the Cafe Adobe margaritas...SO SO good!

Popular Posts