Not Amused

Hubby was not amused!

So last night while standing in the kitchen with the fam I decided to read my Pulitzer winning poem from yesterday's post(chokes down spit)

You see my dear hubs isn't into the whole Valentine's Day thing. He's one of the ones that thinks Hallmark is out to get all men by making up this holiday. I look at it as a way to REALLY show more of your love on this day! Oh he brings me home candy and flowers...but I think he picks them up at the gas station. My card usually reads "happy birthday Gma" instead of Happy ♥ Day. (insert pity)


So I figure he can save his money on the flowers (which I love Daisies or Lilies) and chocolate (I love any kind thanks) and get me something I can really use. I am always sobbing while cutting onions. My wonderful 13 yr old son googled it and found out that if you chew gum while cutting those little tear jerkers that that can help. It sort of did...but I don't know for sure b/c I was laughing so hard at myself smacking on 4 pieces of gumballs that the kids gave me to chew!!!

(back to last night)
So I clear my throat for the attention of my fam and stand in front of hub's declaring my love....

(reads poem and waits for big hug from hub)

Hub: blank stare

Me: "well ...wasn't that sweet"

Mini Me: "Oh mommy that was sooo sweet...did you write that yourself?"

Me: "why thank you sweetie...yes mommy did"

Oldest boy: "Sounds like something a 4th grader would write"

Me: "No dessert for you...and we're having Banana Pudding"

OB: "Kidding...it was awesome"

Me: "well honey?"

Hubs: "So you were going for sweet love poem to your husband and some how you turned it into "ME ME ME" poem."

Me: "well when you put it like that..... But look at the kind words I said about you.....and I thought you might like a hint for Valentine's Day"

Hubs: "Nice Try Grandma"

ugh! A girl can try!

Stay tuned to see my Valentine's Day surprise!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
i wear goggles to chop onions too...it's hot.

i thought the poem was cute...just a fun little hint! can't wait to see the surprise!
Vanessa said…
Psh! Sometimes they just don't get it! :-D I liked this poem!
This is hilarious!!!! Hopefully you will get the goggles this year! My mom wears my old swim team speedo goggles. haha!
Hattie said…
I liked the poem. I thought it was cute and so are the goggles. So happy I don't have the crying onion problem.
New Mommy!!! said…
I HAVE THOSE GOGGLES!! I received them as part of a gift basket for our Wedding Shower!! I'm sure hubby will find them for you, be sure to take a pic!! I'll have my hubby take one sometime and send it to you with my glasses!!

Ironically I NEVER use them. I could chop a bag of onions and it doesn;t bother me!! I LOVE ONIONS!! I'd totally give you mine if we were neighbors! Ha!
LeAnna said…
LOL! I've also been told that holding a piece of bread between your teeth helps. There will be no picture to prove it. ;)
This whole situation was really funny!!!My husband is the same type as yours...about Valentine's day!what can you say ....men!!!
Neely said…
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I literally just laughed out loud.
Anonymous said…
Oh my word! Cracking up over here!!!!
online florist said…
Post is nicely written and it contains many good things for me. I am glad to find your impressive way of writing the post.
online florists

Popular Posts