My Snow Angels


I woke up this morning to the kids shouting..."SCHOOLS CANCELED SCHOOLS CANCELED!"

I really like it when they're home, but I'm never coat/mitten/hat/shoe ready for this day. It's not like we get snow all the time here in our area, so I normally don't have a supply of waterproof stuff for them! I let them out this morning at 8:30....they stayed out for about a hour....and now all the stuff is in the dryer. They are waiting on pins and needles to go out again since the snow won't quit falling and snow is growing by the minute! I swear these chunks (snow flakes) are huge! My neighbor Tara (go check her out on her blog...she's a newbie so share the love) and I were standing out there laughing at the snow...it looks fake like someone is pouring it from the sky! ha ha

Here are some photos of the kids and view from the house...

(from the balcony)

(Lils ready for the snow)



(The kids w/the snowman)

Mini Me and Lils


(Big kids w/larger snowman!)

And just wanted to let everyone know ....when it was dinner/dessert time I was feeling grand! I had a slice of the chocolate cake (maybe 2)


Comments

New Mommy!!! said…
Well, I think it's very similiar to your marble cake, but I dontl have my mom's recipe here at work, and found this one http://cookeatshare.com/recipes/chocolate-texas-cowboy-sheet-cake-118319.

But, not sure if it's the same as my mom's. I think this one is chocolate, but i like the white cake with nuts better than chocolate (i think) but chocolate is good too.

They call it cowboy cake (probably bc the recipe came from Texas or somewhere around there). I used to ask my mom to make it all the time. It's yumm!! Probably like yours!

Umm...is that your home??!! You have a beautiful home!! Wow!

May I just say, your family is beautiful!! I love BIG families. I just love them. You're kind of like MckMama (I just adore people that have big broods of family, and don't appear to be slowing down). I just love when peopel embrace life and New Life.

Looks liek everyone had tons of fun. What degrees is it there? Just curious.

We call Nikolina, "Mini." My hubby started it right after she was born. We are convinced she will thinkt hat her name is "Mini" when she finally figures it out. Ha!
melifaif said…
Ahhhh!!!! I am beyond jealous over here at that wonderful snow...and your goregous house. Have fun. (For us too!)
Meg said…
I absolutely love your home!!
Meg
Tiffany said…
I love your home! I think I need to be invited over for Marble Cake...mmmmm....::making me think I may be pregnant after all:: HAHA
Unknown said…
your house is gorgeous!!
How fun!
Lils looks precious in all of her snow gear!
Courtney said…
So glad you were feeling better by dessert time. The kids look like they are having a great time in the snow. Enjoy!
You can see how excited they are! So glad ya'll got to see some snow...by the way, your home is beautiful!
Hattie said…
Wow what a beautiful home! This weather is so crazy. My friend posted some pics on facebook of Dallas and all the snow!

btw - Yay for cake!!!
Unknown said…
Oh how I wish we could get some snow!! Your house is beautiful!
so glad y'all got snow! I think this time we are going to miss it! CONGRATS on #5, I just noticed it and I'm so happy... how far along are y'all????
Liz Mays said…
The little snowman has such a funny shape! Love it! Your home is lovely!
Leigh said…
Lils is the cutest thing ever.

Your house is like my dream house with the porch and balcony and that you drive through to the back. Love love love it!
Anonymous said…
looks like you guys had a great time! we're still without snow here (nc), can't say i'm mad about it!

enjoy!
Cora said…
Great snow fun pix.....
We are in the forecast for some here in Southeast Alabama for tomorrow!! It's really rare for us!
Have fun!!
Looks like your kids had such a fun time!! I love their snowmen they built. I also LOVE your home! It gorgeous!
Heather said…
Your house is GORGEOUS!!! By the looks of it your kids had a blast in the snow :).
Candice Pair said…
how fun! cute pictures of them playing in the snow! im kicking myself for not getting presley out in it before it started melting!
Just Add Walter said…
wowza!! playing in the snow is so much fun... glad your little ones enjoyed it!!

Popular Posts