My Lovely Baby Bump

(Geddes Photo)

I'm gonna just put a guess out here and say that the more babies you have the sooner you show. I'm only 8 weeks and my bump has sprouted!

I usually wear nursing tanks during the day and def to sleep in at night! Yes Yes Yes, I know I know....Lily is a boobie baby still and I love love love it! I let my babies self wean and I'm not sure Little Lils will ever give her's up! She loves her "BooBoo" as she calls them. I've never been pregnant and nursed a baby at the same time so this is all new. So far so good....I had read that my milk supply could drop or could change and the baby might go ahead and wean...well mine must be like the sweetest cream around! Ha ha.

Lils is a co-sleeper too! Now I was never a fan of this....I love my space in my bed. Hubby has his side and I have mine. I will start off w/the "couple cuddle" for ohhhh about 5 mins and then ...BOOM I'm back on my side. But you see. Lils isn't like the other kids. She is the worst sleeper and I finally caved and let her in our bed back in November. Best decision I have ever made. She sleeps like a dream at naps and bedtime. She went from taking 45 min naps to 2+hr naps! She went from fighting her sleep and going to bed at 10pm only to wake up at 11...to now passing out at 9pm and not waking up until around midnight for a BooBoo! Life is wonderful! Now I just need to practice some tricks from "The No-Cry Sleep Solution" book on weaning a co-sleeper before baby #5 comes.

Back to the bump....I wear nursing tanks under my clothes and yesterday I noticed it kept rolling...I kept pulling it down etc...then it dawned on me. Oh me oh my! My baby bump is starting to show, but I'm too early to show. So I jumped on the scales and I've only gained 1 lb...so it's all belly! Even hubs noticed....

So I'm guessing one starts showing earlier w/more babies??? With #3 I wasn't until 15 weeks before the bump came...#4 I was around 10....I guess w/#5 it's even sooner! So does Mrs Duggar get pregnant and start showing on day 1? Whew?!!!

Hope everyone has a terrific weekend...I'm busy today chasing Lils trying to keep her clothes on...that's her new fun trick...Get undressed and run around naked!

Hubby and I have a date night at home after kids have gone to bed....We're gonna watch Couples Retreat! We are huge Vince Vaughn fans!!!

Hey would y'all humor me and click on the button up top to vote? My kids are having a contest with each other to see how far I can move while they are in school. The winner gets the last piece of Black Forest Cheesecake I made Wed night...that is if I don't eat it before they get home from school. Thanks!


Comments

Anonymous said…
OOh, let me know how the movie is! I want to see it soo badly!
LeAnna said…
Oh my, that cheesecake looks so good! Cracked up at your Mrs. Duggar comment, too, ha! I've always heard the more babies you have the sooner you show, guess I'll find out eventually! ;)
Anonymous said…
Loved the Mrs. Dugger comment! :)
That pic is creeping me out!!! I havent seen you in a few days so I need to see this "bump"! Im not even going to attempt to make your cheesecake because Ben will say its not as good haha!
katie + bret said…
Ok...

A) where have I been?! Did I know you were pregnant?! I feel like everybody in the blogging world is pregnant and I cannot keep up. If I did know, sorry for not remembering. If I didn't know, CONGRATULATIONS!

B) Cheesecake looks heavenly!!!!!

Happy Friday pretty lady! (and baby)
Cheesecake looks soo yummy!!Please sent the recipe!!!I saw Couples Retreat,it was soo funny!!!You'll have a wonderful time!!!
Unknown said…
That cheesecake looks amazing!! And I can't wait to hear how you like the movie!!
Love that your bump is already showing...this was one of the things I looked forward to with both babies! Can't wait for the next bump one day...

I'll be voting for ya (want to send that cheesecake my way?? oh yeah, no sugar for Lent. Maybe in a couple weeks!)
New Mommy!!! said…
Chesscake...Mmmm...Just had some last night. My mom has some killer recioes for cheesecake, I think it;s the LOVE. I've only made one recipe, but I plan to make more. Oh, I love hearing about babies and baby bumps. The hubs and I have been trying "not to NOT have a baby" for a month now, and with my lastregular period in 2008, I must have my ovulation wrong cause, no luck. Poop. It's got me kinda depressed:(

I think I'm going to have to do it the old fashioned way with Natural Family Planning and charting my temperature, bc the internet ovulation chart I think is incorrect.

So, alas, I will live through you for the moment. So happy for you and your littl bump. Upload a pic so we can all see...

I'm still breastfeedign which I know slows your estrogen, but I know many people who have still gotten pregnant and breastfeed, and I am not ready to start weaning the pumpkin. So...we'll see. Hope I'm singing the same tune soon...
Annie said…
I voted!!
I always heard that the bump pops out sooner the second time around...SO obv. you are seeing it even sooner w/ #5. I love it. Nothing cuter that a healthy baby bump :)
New Mommy!!! said…
I love that pic! It is a little creepy though, ha!

I wish I was a SAHM and could hang out with you and Lily too!!

Would LOVE to be in Texas right now. Ugh, still cold here. Brr...
Julie said…
Just found your blog! Very cute. Had to say "Hi". I lived in Texas for 9 years when I was young and then moved back after I got married for 3 years. We love the "country" of Texas!! :) Congrats on your pregnancy. I'm going to vote now!

Oh yes, I also needed to share that I was die-hard Little house on the Prairie fan too. I really do think I've seen all the shows. Even the really disturbing ones. Do you remember the one with the guy who wore that clown mask and hid in the barn and raped that poor girl. Hmmm, made quite an impression.
Mrs.F said…
Wow baby #5?! Hubbs is trying to convince me to go for 5, but I've always wanted 4. We're only on #1 so we'll see :)

I know you've commented on my blog before & I never really checked out yours so I'm glad to have a new blog to read!
Vanessa said…
My body wasn't kind to me -- I started showing around 12 weeks with my *first*! My MIL nursed both The Husband and his older sister until they were each 4. Why? Because she was in La Leche and they told her the big sister would self-wean during the pregnancy. She didn't. So she waited, and then she didn't want to nurse her son *less* than his older sister. But then they were both awesome kids and geniuses, too, so she may have been on to something! :-)
CailinMarie said…
hey, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your black forest cheesecake looks divine but I'm a 'lent' girl so it'll be a while :-) I wanted to watch "Couples Retreat" with hubs the other night when I wasn't feeling well, but he had some things to finish up. Did you love it? It looks hilarious.
Amy Prikazsky said…
Yum, Yum that cheesecake looks so good!

Popular Posts