Table for 7 Please!!!



Table for 7 please! I can't wait to say that! HOORAY!

Well some of you noticed the change in my header! Yep...super sperm lives again! Way to go little swimmers!

Last night was the night we told the big kids (ages 13, 11, and 9). I made that shirt for Little Lils to wear to see how long it took the kids to notice what it said.

Let's just say they aren't as quick as I thought! ha ha
Mini Me was the first to notice (she's 9 and into clothes...the boys...not so much)

Mini Me: "Oh I love her shirt Mom...(in baby sweet talk voice while talking to Lils) Yes, I am the big sister...you're so sweet to wear that shirt for me"

Me: "Boys.....isn't it cute"

Boys: "It's a shirt"

Me: "Ok"

waits another 20 mins

Mini Me: "Big sister big sister ....aww Lils you're sweet...."

By this point I'm laughing so hard...and the kids can't figure out what is wrong with me.

Me: "Do Y'all get it?"

Kids: "Get what?"

Me: "Lily's shirt"

Mini Me: "ohhhh I get it...You're insulting me by saying Lily is now the big sister"

Me (laughing till I cry)

(another 20 mins passes)

I'm holding Lils while standing up eating. Yes, the hubs and I normally stand to eat b/c Lils is all over the place...we take turns chasing her

Me: "Ok Y'all read the shirt again"

Oldest child: "What, is she getting fat?"

Me: "Ugh nooooooooooooooooooooo think think think"

Mini me and other son stare w/blank stares...oldest child light goes off

OC: "You're pregnant"

Me: "yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss" (tears of laughter are streaming down my face)

Mini Me starts crying

Hedgie (other son's nickname) "OHHHH are we turning into the Duggars?"

Me: "Ummmm not quite dear!!!!"

Hedgie: "Great now I have to move rooms!"

Haha....

After the shock wore off....they had lots of questions ...size of the baby and what they were hoping for boy or girl. Of course the boys are rooting for a boy...Mini Me is rooting for another girl to outnumber the men! Funny how my kids look at me different each time I tell them I'm pregnant...Like I'm a delicate creature! I'll milk it tonight for a foot rub!

Happy Monday

Comments

Kenya said…
Awwww... congrats and such a cute way to tell the kids... even though it took them a while. LOL
Pamibelle said…
Congrats. What a cute story!
Rachel said…
Yay! How exciting!! Congratulations!!
Congratulations!! Love the conversation between your kids...let's just say we told our parents about #2 the same way and it took them JUST as long to figure it out!

So happy for you!
Murdock's mama said…
I just found your blog & love it! i'm your newest follower! btw...we have the same background! :)
Sam said…
Congratulations!! What a cute way to inform the fam.. even if it took longer than expected, hehee :). Loved the conversation, lol.
Neely said…
Wow congrats! Cute Cute story!!!
Tiffany said…
OMG! I am so excited for you!!! I love the story, that's so cute. And, I LOVE the new layout! It's adorable! I can't wait to hear all about the pregnancy...(crossing my fingers that I am not about to join you.) LOL!
Congrats!!! "Are we turning into the Duggars?" LOL....priceless.
Meagan said…
So exciting! Send a little baby making luck this way!
Laura Beth said…
Congratulations!! Funny story...kids are hillarious.
Unknown said…
Congrats!! Thats so exciting!
Hattie said…
hahahahaha! That was too funny! Thanks for the laugh and congrats on the new addition!
Alyssa said…
What a sweet picture, and such a great way to tell your other kiddies! Love it! Congrats!!
Angie said…
What a fun story...congrats!!!

The comment about the Duggars...
H-Y-S-T-E-R-C-A-L!!
Gwen said…
CONGRATS!!!! XOXO
Joanne said…
Congrats... that makes me tired just thinking about it!

How far along are you and when is your due date?
Kristin said…
Congratulations, girlie! Such fabulous news!!
Kitty Moore said…
Congratulations - and a wonderfully creative way to tell your children!

Kitty x
Annie said…
Ahhhh!!! That is AWESOME! Congrats. SO funny that the kids didnt get it!
New Mommy!!! said…
Oh my goodness!! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!

That is HOW I want to tell our family too when we are preggers again.. I've already got it all planned out!! Is that disturbing??!!

I am going to purchase a shirt for the pumpkin that says, I'm the Big Sister" or "Big Sister" than see how long it takes my hubby and family to figure it out!! Ha!! I can;t wait! I think that is the BEST!! Too cute!! There's somethign wrong with me!

I LOVE IT!! Isn't being pregnant the BEST!! So HAPPY for you!! I hope I have the same news soon!
CONGRATS!!! Such exciting news! I love how you told your kids! I also love your new background!
CONGRATS!!! Such exciting news! I love how you told your kids! I also love your new background!
Vanessa said…
Congrats!! SO hilarious how you told them and how long it took them to get it!! :-D
Perfectly Jenn said…
Congratulations!! Can't wait to read about this new lil' one!
So stinkin' cute! Many congrats on the fabulously exciting arrival to come!
LeAnna said…
Oh my goodness, that is the best story ever! LOL! Congrats to all of you! Can't wait to follow this journey with ya!
Heather said…
Congratulations!! That is soooooo exciting!!
PS~Erin said…
So sweet! Love the story.
PS~Erin said…
I got the heart pasta at a little gift shop, but I just saw some similar ones at Whole Foods. So fun!
PS~Erin said…
Email me and I'll give you the name of the shop. I think you might be near it. perfectsentiment at gmail dot com :-)
Unknown said…
Great way to share the news!!! Congrats!!
Jen said…
Congratulations!! How exciting for you all! Love the part where Hedgie says that you guys are turning into the Duggars! Hilarious!!
Congrats! Love the kids reaction and the Duggar jab they made! You have some sharp kiddos!
Jessica said…
Haha! How cute is that? "Are we the Duggars?!" That's adorable!

Congratulations to the family!
Carey said…
Girl, that is flat out Hilarious! Your kids just crack me up! Congrats! That is such a huge deal! I hope this is a smooth pregnancy with a healthy lil boy or girl ;) I think I'm leaning towards girl!
Southern Savvy said…
Wow - Congrats and cute story!
A style blog said…
ahhhh!!! Congrats. lol. I had no idea! How far along are you?

Popular Posts