Top Two Tuesday and Valentine Recap



Ok ladies it's that time again...Top Two Tuesday...head over to my BFF's Blog and post your

Top 2 Dream Vacations

I've already been to one of mine (twice)....and I'm dying to go again....it's a matter of when...
Ireland
A handful of years ago I found out my ancestors came from Ireland and a few of them landed in New Jersey in the 1860's! Thankfully when my grandfather was a young lad he ran for Texas to make me and mine Southern People! ha ha
Samuel and his son Michael came on that boat back in the 1800's. Michael brought his girlfriend (at the time) named Hannah...and they married in the states! Can you imagine that boat ride? I'd been dead for sure! Bless dear Hannah who left her family and made the trek! (I think she was like 16) I'm glad she did! The rest is history! I was so fascinated I just knew I had to go there one day!
(sorry for picture overload, but I took tons and wanted to add a few to show off this awesome country!)




*************************************************************************************
ok my 2nd to die for dream vacation destination is.....
BORA BORA...SEXY SEXY


I can imagine hubs and I at this spot with no kids....can you see it? awww pure quiet relaxation! I'll have a book or 3 ....hubby will have the back of his eyelids
I can wear the skimpiest of bikinis and let my stretch marks show ....and I won't have a care in the world! I want my biggest brim hat and sunglasses so I can look the hot momma glamorous part! Ha Ha!

Ohhh and to recap my Valentine's Day weekend.... We went to the gun show with said BFF and our kids (and OUR MEN of course duh)

Here I envisioned it a perfect day...BUT NOOOOOOOOO LILS WAS A HOLY TERROR THE MINUTE WE GOT THERE...HEAD THROWING BACK SCREAMING HER LUNGS OFF. You think that with the noise level of the place you wouldn't be able to hear her, but NOOOO! Then she kept signing "Booby" ummmm no! I don't think so girly! We just got here and you don't get a booby at 10am! Needless to say the guns were overpriced so we sent our men out later that night to the gun store. We all jumped in our cars and headed for some grub. That didn't work out either....can you believe at 2pm there was a hour wait? Pregnant Momma here was dying for a Cheddar's burger! So we all went our separate ways. NO pics...stupid gun show wouldn't let us! Don't they know this was our Valentine Date Blog photo session?! I was too nervous to sneak one in...I mean these ppl have guns you know!

SO for my Valentine gift...dear sweet hubs bought me a

Remington 870 20 gauge 4+1 pump action shotgun and a Walther P22.


We are heading to the gun range next weekend for a little practice shooting...come summer we are getting our CHL (concealed handgun license)
It's Texas for pete's sake!!!!!

Comments

I love it!!! How did you find that out about you ancestors? Crazy!! This summer we can sport our big sunglasses, big brim hats and sundresses at the pool and pretend were in bora bora..sounds bueno?!
Holly Lefevre said…
I have a very lucky friend who travels very where and has been both places and LOVES them both for very different reasons!

Have fun at the range.
Kelly said…
Bora Bora would be fun!!!
Ireland would be cool!!
Anonymous said…
I love your picks!! I thought I knew right off the bat what mine were.. but seeing everyones choices.. Im rethinking mine!
I found your blog at Taylors and em a new follower!
Tara said…
Irish? Me too!
A few years back my whole family (30 people) took a trip there, but Jacob and I weren't able to go at the time. I'd love to someday!

I'm totally with Taylor on the poolside plan!!!
Heather said…
Bora Bora sounds perfect right about now while there is still snow on the ground!
I am dying to go to Bora Bora as well.
Chelsea said…
Oh! Those little huts on the water - I'd die!
Brandi said…
Both would be amazing.
midwesterngal said…
I picked Ireland for my top two as well!! I've never been there, but it looks gorgeous!
Sam said…
Ooh, two great choices! I've never been to Ireland, but my best friend has and she LOVED it!

And mmmm Bora Bora... looks so lovely, especially since it's snowing here. (Again!)

Ooh, I've never been to a gun show!
Neely said…
ohhhh Bora Bora! Is that sexy sexy line from Serendipity??? Or am I imagining that :) Great choices!!
Annie said…
two GREAT choices....would DIE to go to either!!
katie + bret said…
yes, yes, yes to Ireland! It is SO gorgeous looking! I would let that place swallow me whole!
That's wonderful that you were able to find out your family heritage and then actually visit there. I'd love to do the same!
New Mommy!!! said…
My mother is 99% Irish and would LOVE to go to Ireland as well!! I would like to visit too some day.

I would LOVE to go somewhere Tropical (sans babe) one day!! Now sure if that will happen anytime soon! Ahh, sounds heavenly! I'd probably never want to leave, Ha!
Unknown said…
I'd love to go to Ireland too. My father's family is from there. Your Valentine's gift is too funny! Only in Texas! :) LOL

Popular Posts