Earth Angel ...Earth Angel....Won't you be mine?!!!


I had totally forgotten about Earth Mama Angel Baby products until I commented on another pregnant momma's blog post. She mentioned she was itching and using that Cocoa Butter stuff...
I hated the smell of that stuff. When I'm pregnant I am soooo sensitive. I can smell stuff for days....and other smells blow me away. I swear I can detect that the baby is going to poo even before she needs a diaper change. (ok exaggeration but you get the point)

I became totally obsessed with my hands the other day. I was sniffing them and sniffing them because they smelled so good. I had just changed detergents again (had a coupon for Gain) and that stuff is knock your socks off terrific. I guess I had my hands in my shirt pockets for a while and then went to hold the baby...I was kissing her hands and got a whiff of mine. It was so fantasticly pretty smelling! I couldn't figure out what I had touched...so I'm sniffing the baby thinking she has some special new baby scent I wasn't aware of and then it hit me ...my detergent! I think I do laundry now just to smell it. When Hubs comes home I give him a super big hug and sniffffffffffffffff hello. He already knows I'm crazy so he doesn't think anything of it...

But I digress.
This blogger was talking about being itchy on her belly and boobs and I had that "ahhhh been there done that' thought.
When pregnant with Lils I searched and searched for oil or lotion that didn't make me want to puke or get a horrible headache....and I found Earth Mama Angel Baby products. Now these aren't the cheapest around, but I was willing to give it a shot at that point. Boy was I amazed! I love their Stretch Oil. It smelled like delicate flowers! Actually put me in a good mood! I blew through a bottle like there was no tomorrow. I felt hugely guilty, but my skin had never looked better and I didn't have that crazy "tear your skin off itching" feeling anymore. Better yet...this stuff can be used on your Perineal during labor. I do natural birth for my babes...and a midwife and birthing center. You don't know the difference labor was for me here instead of a hospital. I had the worst experiences laboring naturally in a hospital. With my 3rd baby ....they wouldn't admit me .....in fact they never called the dr ....and 3 hrs after being there I was ready to push...they told me not to b/c the dr wasn't called yet....too bad so sad. The nurse caught my daughter and I tore...I was sooo mad b/c when I asked her to massage the area she looked at me like I was a freak!!! So needless to say....midwife delivered baby #4 and it was the most incredible experience ever. She was by my side the whole time I was there and 2 hours after! Can you say that about your dr? She even did the perineal massage and ladies...I had a 8lb 11oz baby and a few hours later I couldn't even tell I had a baby. (Ok again slight exaggeration again, but making a point that being cut/tearing vs a massage makes a world of difference)

Enter Earth Mama Angel Baby products....I love their stuff and must find retailers where I can go in and buy it! I can't say enough about their products!

I noticed they had a "Something for Mama To Be" gift set w/all my favorites in it...gonna have to leave little post it notes around hubby's stuff to get him to get the hint! :o)



Comments

I can't believe I've never heard of this stuff! I'll be checking it out with the next babe.

I have a great midwife too, and while my son was born in a non-typical situation since he was premature, I enjoyed having a midwife through both pregnancies and my daughter's birth. They make such a difference!
LeAnna said…
I soooo want to do a midwifery or birthing center the next go around, but unfortunately I can't find one locally that is recommended. Now, if only I lived in Texas, I found some amazing places on line there!
Our co op carries Earth Mama products, I'll have to keep them in mind! :)
I wish I had known about that when I was preggers!
Meagan said…
Thanks for sharing! It is stuff we all need to know but no one ever talks about!
VKT said…
What a beautiful picture at the top of your post!
Perpetual Prep said…
When I'm pregnant, I will totally check out this line! Thank you so much for sharing :)
Anonymous said…
I registered for some of their products when I was pregnant but never got any... {sad face}

xx
Anonymous said…
I registered for some of their products when I was pregnant but never got any... {sad face}

xx
Hi There...I'm Julie, Blogs Mama with Earth Mama Angel Baby (my alter ego). Thanks for the Earth Mama love. So glad you liked the products and they were effective too! We'd love to send you a little mama love as a thank you. If so, email me your address at blogsmama@earthmamaangelbaby.com. You rule!
I'm no where near having a baby yet but this intrigues me.. What is the pernial massage? I've heard my momma girlfriends who talk about tearing and it starts to worry me. But wow girl 4 babies! I do like the idea of the midwife though.

Popular Posts