OY VEY.....I'm feeling grEY


And not because I'm pregnant....I'm one of the lucky ones that doesn't get morning sickness. Now that I typed that baby #5 is going to make me sicker than a dog.

I'm sick b/c I ate too much cake batter and mocha icing! You don't understand. This isn't from a mix from a box (that stuff isn't bad either) but this cake recipe is to die for.

I'm a Southern Girl and love my sheet cakes. My in laws come over every Wednesday and I make dinner and dessert! Again I am making the Chocolate Marble Sheet cake! (southern living oct 2008) This cake knocks my socks off!
The recipe is simple to follow....and within a few hours you have a cake that will make people worship the ground you walk upon!

The batter is sickly good. Lils and I licked the bowl clean.....It's when I made the icing that I felt ill. I couldn't stop myself....I tried to spread as much of the icing as I could around the cake....I can't help it if some was left on the spoon and bowl. It's chocolate mocha for pete's sake.

Now I'm regretting it. I have a very active 16m old....and in a few minutes all 3 of the other kids will be coming home from school demanding snacks and attention. I'd like to curl and hurl!

I think I'll recover in time for dessert tonight though! ha ha

Dinner is Pasta E Fagioli (family circle oct 17, 09) and it's super quick and better than Olive Garden's!


Comments

Neely said…
aww feel better lady..I know the feeling though. The boyfriend and I were making Halloween cookies back in Oct and I ate waaaay too much dough...it was not fun :(
YUM! I want your pasta e fagioli recipe because mine is the Olive Garden one and it takes me FOREVER!
Cora said…
Please share the recipes!

So sorry you are feling bad...I was pregnant for 10 months and was sick the whole entire time! So I can relate!!

Better soon I hope! :)
Danielle said…
Sounds like you are one amazing cook. I need tips, or maybe just a mommy like you. ;)
Courtney said…
I hope you feel better, but this cake looks totally worth it!
Perpetual Prep said…
I hope you feel better soon!!!! I love LOVE some sheet cake. Mmmmm. Now I want some! :)
Anonymous said…
i just got home from class and am craving a super sweet snack. that cake looks and sounds delicious!
Vanessa said…
Sorry, I'm still giggling at "curl and hurl"! Hope it passes quickly!
Heather said…
I hope you get to feeling better soon. I have an addiction to any kind of icing...so I'm gonna steer clear of that one!
New Mommy!!! said…
That looks Yummy!! I LOVE cowboy cake with nuts!! My mom makes an awesome recipe!!
Holly Lefevre said…
The dough or batter always does me in!
Oh!Please give me the recipe!I love cakes!!!!and kids too
I Do Declare said…
I just love that your in-laws coming over once a week for a special diner - that's so cute!
katie + bret said…
ooooo cake. I heart cake.

I am so sorry you are feeling under the weather sweet girl. I hope you get back to tip-top shape soon!

I'll be thinking about you xx

Popular Posts