Poseidon Is Hot


The actor that is...
I took my boys out of school early today as a surprise. My mom is in town (or was her time is up) for 10 days to visit. So I thought it would be cool to pull my 2 boys out early for a little movie time w/their mom. Being a mommy to 4 (5 if you count the one that is cooking) takes work getting some one on one with your kids. We've got great family in town and out that love to watch the kids if we ask.
My boys and I have read all 5 books of Percy Jackson "The Lightening Thief" series and the movie was released last Friday. I don't know if you have boys, but this book series was really fun to read with them. I have a huge passion for reading and I'm glad they do to. We had some great chats about the book in the evenings together!!!! I enjoyed Greek Mythology growing up and these books were a little refresher course in them.

So off we went to the 1:10 show. I was loaded down with candy in my purse (yes, I'm one of those) and we got the $$$ cokes to support the ever rising costs of the movies. We were the only ones in the theater and it was totally awesome! The actors did a fantastic job....it sort of followed the book....(what movie really truly stays w/the books???) and it left me wanting more!

I will admit to having a crush on Pierce Bronson and Kevin McKidd and a few others.....A handful of years back we went to The Atlantis in the Bahamas and it just happened to be the movie premiere of Before Sunrise w/Pierce, Woody Harrelson, and Selma Hayek....woohoo....yes I took pics of Pierce on the beach....I couldn't help it! Here look for yourself....I was just feet from him and kept my big brim hat on and sunglasses and stared! RAAAR
SO I enjoyed my afternoon w/my boys! It's nice having special moments with them.....

Hey and if you haven't had a chance...head over to the previous post and enter my giveaway...it ends tomorrow!!!!

Onion Goggle Giveaway....

Comments

AWe my hubby and I went to see this movie and we loved it it was great....
Courtney said…
I really want to see it! Though, I think by the time I get back to the states in April it will no longer be in theaters! And, while I could see it here, I don't speak enough (if any!) Hungarian to understand!
Neely said…
What a fun day!!! :)
Pamibelle said…
I really want to see that movie. I definitely still sneak candy into the movies!
Anonymous said…
That sounds so fun, I can't wait till my little girl is old enough to sneak out of school :)

I still want to help you with your blog makeover if you're interested! It would be free and I can do as much or as little as you want! Let me know... :)

mrsmuffinsblog@yahoo.com

xx
Holly Lefevre said…
My hubby and son just went to see the movie and loved it. We have not read the books yet...next on the list.
Meghan said…
I just finished reading the first Percy Jackson book and loved it. I can't wait to start the next one.

I used to watch the tv show Rome and have had a crush on Kevin McKidd ever since.
LeAnna said…
Haha, I love that you're "one of those" who hides candy in their purse. Gotta save somewhere!
Sam said…
Aww, glad you got some one-on-one time with your boys!

Hehee, we're the same way over here. We actually have an oversized purse that we've branded the "movie bag" so that we can stuff it full of food that doesn't cost $589203.00.
Anonymous said…
That sounds like so much fun. We'll have to check out the movie.
That is so awesome... I know it was more special because you took them out of school.
A style blog said…
ok, I just read your comment on my blog and I can't believe you had all your kids naturally. You are my hero!

Popular Posts