Ode To My Husband


My dearest husband oh how I slave at the stove each night,
to make your favorite meals and perfect them just right.


I love seeing your smile,
it just lights up your face.
I always go the extra mile
and do things with love and grace.


But there is just one thing I want
that will make my life just right.
It's this certain gift that I'd like flaunt
and you'd be forever my white knight.


I won't shed anymore tears
or have my mascara run
and over time and through the years
I'll enjoy them and have lots of fun.


What's this present you ask?
What's the gift that has your mind in boggles?
It will help with my cooking task
it's PINK ONION GOGGLES.


Comments

AiringMyLaundry said…
Ha, cool, I need some of those!
Vanessa said…
I don't tear up when I'm peeling/chopping onions, but I would still wear those in the kitchen just for kicks.
Southern Savvy said…
Cute! Paula Deen has a pick pair. I've seen her make both her son and husband wear them on the show. Funny!
LeAnna said…
LOL! I need a pair of those. I wept bitterly over my chopped onions tonight. Gosh darn things!
Tracie said…
I am going to boycot cooking until I get a pair of those.
Juliana said…
My friend has those and loves them...she is a chef!
Kenya said…
Wow.... never heard of that before.

Too bad I wouldn't be able to use them because when I cut onions, they don't make me teary at all, but my hubbys who's in the other room gets all teary eyed! If they come in blue, I can probably get them for him. LOL
Tiffany said…
Okay, I MUST see a post with a pic of you wearing these chopping onions. I laughed so hard I snorted when I saw these! Genious, I tell you! Genious!
Angie said…
Awesome! I cried last night chopping onions for the chili we were cooking up.

They always turn me into a puddle of tears.

Happy Friday!
Kristen said…
I love it! I hope you get them!
Annie said…
I Need those too!! What a great idea :)
ALSO something that shields my hands. I hate that onion smell lingering on my hands...yuck!!
Cheryl said…
Your poem made us laugh
It brought tears to our eyes
We would like to send you
A Valentine surprise.

Let your husband get you candy
Leave the rest up to us.
Send us your address
So your Valentine's Day won't be a bust.

No more tears for you
Your husband's mind shouldn't be in boggles
RSVP would like to send you a pair
Of pink onion goggles!!

My poetry is not near as good as yours!! In all seriousness, please contact me at cherylw@rsvp-intl.com as we would love to send you a pair as a gift!!

Popular Posts