That's What She Said.....

Pertaining to Tomatoes that is...
I have a friend from the Isle of Man (check it out) and she asked what I was fixin (she didn't use that word but made fun of us Southern Girls)
I told her I was FIXIN my favorite all time pasta dish! No idea what the name of it is...but it's got sun dried tomatoes and artichokes in it. My dear Manx friend said they are called "sun kissed tomatoes"!
Ohhh I like that a lot, so I'm logging that in my memory bank. I can't remember where I saw this recipe...or what the actual amounts are of each, but man oh man it's dee-licous!!! I thought I would share this recipe with you! Laura Style! Adjust ingredient amounts depending on the number you are serving! The photos you see will feed 4.



Ingredients:
Sun Kissed Tomatoes (I like the kind packed in oil)
Artichokes
black olives
oregano
garlic
red pepper flakes
olive oil
angel hair pasta


Directions:
Chop sun kissed tomatoes and black olives, quarter artichokes, and add to bowl. Sprinkle generously with oregano. Set aside



In a skillet over med heat saute garlic and red pepper flakes in olive oil. We like a lot of garlic and heat so we add a generous amount of both.

(last night the inlaws came so I chilled w/the pepper flakes)

Add your chopped mixture to the pan and heat through. About 7 more mins.



I like to add extra olive oil to the pan while the mixture is heating. Add your angel hair pasta and toss to coat! (yep more olive oil)
Serve with fresh grated Parmesan and some crusty bread and you've got yourself a kick booty meal! It's even better the second day! (that's my "take 2" lunch for today)
Enjoy...Let me know if you give this a try!

Comments

Danielle said…
That looks fabulous. Yum, yum.
LeAnna said…
Oh that looks SO good. Unfortunately for me, that would fall under my husbands dreaded category of "chic food" - darn those husbands and their categories. ;)
Annie said…
Looks good! I love all of those ingredients....so I must try this recipe!!
That looks yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Anonymous said…
That looks wonderful! Too bad it doesn't have meat though, my hubby wouldn't be too impressed if I whipped something like that up for him. :)
Design A-Peele said…
oh my goodness!! That looks amazing! I don't like cooking, but maybe I will try that! Thanks for sharing. I am from a family of 6 kids and I love it. So keep on having those babies!
katie + bret said…
Very tasty! Mail me some :)
Yummy, that sounds so insanely good!
You're a good little cook lady!!
Ohhhhhhh, that sounds so delicious!
Hattie said…
Hi just found your blog! That sounds so yummy! Nice idea for a meatless dinner.
New Mommy!!! said…
Looks yummy!! Ill have to try sometime. Pasta is such a great dinner! I have seen 1408-that was crazy!! I like High Fidelity!

BTW-Ha, ha!!
Holly Lefevre said…
YUM...you had me at sun-kissed tomatoes (what a lovely name!) and artichokes.
Emily said…
Yum! Looks awesome. :)
P.s. Love the cowboy boots.

Xoxo.
Uhhh, YUMMM. & I think have all the ingredients on hand for this, too, even the artichokes!!!

Popular Posts