Top Two Tuesday

Head over to my Bff's site for Top Two Tuesday!!! Thanks Taylor
Today's topic....Top 2 Favorite Tv shows....no laughing at mine...

#1. Little House on the Prairie
I have seen probably every episode of LHOP...and even when Pa Ingalls was off the show and Laura Ingalls Wilder had her own w/her hubby and baby Rose. I was so obsessed as a little girl that I read all the books and even the bio on Laura Ingalls. I was enthralled that she was born in the mid 1800's and these were (sorta) based on a true story. I think all little girls pretended to be born on the prairie...that is until you realize you have no running water....toilets...good medicine....you have to sleep in the same bed w/your siblings...no heater....no fridge....etc.
I couldn't wait to have a little girl of my own...hoping she would share the Little House Love, but sadly she read the first book and didn't seem to care! That's ok...I had another little girl...I'll force introduce them to her one day when she's of reading age!!! Did I mention I cry at all the episodes even though I've seen them a million times? Yep that's me!

#2. Young and the Restless
I know we are probably not supposed to watch these...I know they are not real (directed to hubby) and that women shouldn't act like that...and no one can die and come back 50 times, but I love this show. I esp love DRV watching. I can tape a whole week and sit and fast forward through the lame parts and just watch what I want in 30 mins. I think I can remember way back when I was a little girl and watching it with my mom. Ok, not watching it with her, but I remember it on during lunch time! I've grown up with these people they are like family! Hey Victor and Nikki...glad you're back together again after the millionth time! How long will this last?


Comments

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! I dont think we can be best friends anymore! Just kidding I still love you even if you have bad taste in tv hahaha!
Caroline said…
I love me some Y&R!!!!!!
Danielle said…
I love young & restless! So goood.
katie + bret said…
I'm not laughing. Honest. Chuckeling.. maybe.
Kelly Marie said…
AW! At least you're probably gonna have the most original answers (: It's great to be passionate about what you really enjoy!!
Alissa said…
Hee hee that's very creative! Good for you for liking what you like. I used to watch some Laura Ingalls back in the day. Does that still come on tv?
Brandi said…
I used to watch Little House on the Prairie with my mom. It was one of her favorites.
You probably think I live under a rock, but I've never seen either of these! Eek! Little House on the Prairie looks like it would be good though!
I'm so not laughing...I used to watch the LHOTP every single time...and loved it. :) My absolute favorite! :D
I love little house on the Prairie!!!
Laura Beth said…
I was named after Laura on little house on the prairie! I loved it! Great choice!
Unknown said…
Since GL went off the air, Y&R is my fave. Like you, I have been watching as long as I can remember.

I liked LHOP. I wonder if they make a box set. I think my daughter would love it!

Did you know Michael Landon's daughter used to be on ATWT?
Juliana said…
OK---I have never ever seen a Soap Opera except for a few minutes-cannot stand them. But, I will defend you here girl! Most of us like shows like Desperate Housewives, Greys Anatomy, Nip Tuck etc--um, those are all really soaps in disguise people!!!
Mc Allen said…
ahahaha, i LOVE y n r! Boy I hope Adam gets busted, and what are he and Vic in cahoots about??? These questions plaugue my mind... lol!! xoxo LA
LeAnna said…
I LOVE Little House!
Sam said…
Totally addicted to Y&R as well. Don't like Nikki's hair and when will Sharon run out of Newman men?
Kat said…
Whatever you do- don't stop watching Y&R!!!!!

I'd be out of a job... :)
Keri said…
LOL, well if I had to choose either "reality" housewives or an ancient Soap, I guess I'd choose........................................................................................................... uggggg.. sorry, i'd go with the housewives, either way, all the strife would make me very cranky!
Anonymous said…
Love Little House!
Perpetual Prep said…
I just taught my US History class about LHP and its debut during the middle 40s to revive "nostalgia" in America :)

Hope you're having a great day!
Heather said…
Now, I had you at the Little House on the Prairie (because it's a classic!). On the other hand, Young and the Restless?! Girl, you can do better than that, haha.

I must confess, I used to be an avid Y&R fan, but then it got soooooooo crazy I had to quit watching.
Neely said…
I used to love Little House...good picks girl!
Annie said…
hahaha....your choices make me giggle.
but I do have to admit...LHOTP is some good tv :)
Lindsey said…
I loved Little House when I was younger, and now I love me some Y&R!!!
Nikosmommy said…
Ooooh I LOVE LHOTP...have watched every episode, read the books etc. Even my hubs (who grew up in Greece) used to watch it after school everyday. T.V. Gold!
Angie said…
Seriously!!

Great minds think alike! I love both of these shows and watch Y&R everyday! I love it!

And I was just talking to my husband about LHOP yesterday...he laughed at me, but I still love it!
Girl I LOVE me some Y&R, watch it EVERYDAY and I have always loved LHOP!!! They are the complete opposites, but oh how I love them both as well!!

We have great taste! And the sad thing is that my Dad and I call each other to catch up on Y&R, he secretly loves that show as well :0

HOpe your feeling great!
Kitty Moore said…
I used to love 'Little House..'. Think I'll pass on The Young And The Restless though..
Anna @ IHOD said…
aww I faithfully watched Little House on the Praire when I was younger. WIll always be a fan:)

Popular Posts