What's a Pregnancy Brain Fart?

Fart is such a funny word...I mean odd b/c we don't want our kids using it but I use it when my brain doesn't work....

Take yesterday for instance..

Read my grocery list


We were heading to Walmart last night b/c we needed to pick up hubs blood pressure med's. I realized we needed a few more things and grabbed pen and paper...after I handed it to hubs and asked if he needed to add anything.

Hubs: Did you read this?

Me: Well I wrote it...why?

Hubs: Because I don't know what something on the list is

Me: Like what?

Hubs: Not sure I know what "Toilet Juice is"

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww haha neither do I!

So what makes our brain sections turn to mush? Well I chalk it up to the baby taking over all aspects of our body...ie..my skin is no longer gorgeous...I say it's b/c the baby is sucking all my clean skin for itself. My balance...to give the baby grace....list could go on..

So I guess baby's need smart brains and take some from mom!

We go to check out and Lily is acting up a bit. (big surprise) So I ask hubs to walk her a bit while I unload the buggy. I finish unloading and glance around to find them...and what do I see?

Hubs has her playing in one of those huge sock bins. She's having a dandy time and all I can do is cover my eyes and hope no one recognizes the child....

Hubs is now convinced the new baby is a Girl. He had a dream. BOOM that's all it took. He was right on guessing Lily was a girl (I swore we were having a boy) and now his dream is the key!

His preg dream....
He was walking in another city that had a subway. He wanted to make sure all the kids were safe so he asked the boys to hold Lily's hand and he and kate took our other "daughter's" hand. SO there you have it...the man has spoken...we're having a girl! hee hee



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Tee hee!! So funny! And OMG perhaps it really is a baby GIRL!!! xoxo hope you are well Laura!
Unknown said…
I was just reading an article in a baby magazine last night about why our brains turn to mush when we're preggers! It said not to tell people about it, just apologize and keep moving on, but you can bet I'm always referring to my absentmindedness as "pregnancy brain" and when my daughter gets here in 3 months, you can bet I'm going to call it "mommy brain" and milk it for all it's worth. HA!
Megan Ashley said…
This is hilarious! I have the worst mommy and pregnancy brain!
Kelley said…
Haha, toilet juice! too funny. When I was pregnant I would constantly put dried goods in the fridge and never notice, until I wanted said item and it wasn't in the pantry. Pregnancy brain is a funny thing.
Anonymous said…
I didn't get it at first! I read the list items and I'm like okay...?! But then I read the rest of your post and once I looked again, I get it. How funny!!!! Toilet juice... eew! ;)

I had pregnancy brain farts... now I just have mamma brain farts!
carissa said…
i wondered!!! ha ha ha! toilet juice... i hope you had another brain fart and forgot it! : ) yay... so happy you're having a girl. ; )
carissa said…
p.s. -thank you thank you for the amazing french toast recipe. i MUST make it! it's beyond delicious sounding!
jacquelyn said…
thats just downright funny.
LeAnna said…
Toilet juice......LOL!!!!!!!! That cracks me up. Placenta brain is really quite something, isn't it?! Can't wait to find out what you're having!!!
Angie said…
I have serious brain farts all the time. My kids have turned my brain to mush. Toilet juice...that is pretty funny though.

I can't wait to see if you really are having a girl!?!?!!!!
New Mommy!!! said…
I love that he dreamt that, how sweet. Awwww!!!!

Now since you are all so sure you are having a girl, I'm going to have to say I think you are going to have a boy just to be different, ha!

I didn't get pregnancy brian to bad, but there were moments here and there, ha ha, too funny!

Were you going to get juice and toliet bowl cleaner, or did you just mean toliet bowl cleaner?? Ha!
Shannon said…
Laura, I do believe toilet juice can be found on aisle 5 right between tub milk and sink water! That's a funny funny story, definitely made me laugh out loud!

Popular Posts