Menu Monday...and Oldest Child

I'm such a horrible mommy! My oldest child celebrated his 14th bday on Friday and did I take a picture of him in honor of the day? Nope...
When we went out to the restaurant of his choice to celebrate did I remember my camera then? Nope....
All weekend when I had plenty of opportunities ...did I remember then? Nope

So here is a photo from last year and a huge...

Hey HONEY I LOVE YOU AND HAPPY 14 YEARS WITH YOU! I'm so glad I'm your mom!!!


He's my child that is a constant prankster and never turns down a challenge..which never worried me until I realized he's getting older and the challenges might change...and not for the better. Sadly after this latest stunt I had the "talk" (no not THAT talk...doing stupid things talk)

He frequents this certain yogurt shop and they have this challenge that the person who eats the most yogurt each month wins a $10 gift card. Now mind you it's to their store...so in MY mind not worth it...and $10 bucks..hello....AGAIN NOT WORTH IT.

Well said child was sick of seeing the same chick's name as the winner on the board and was determined to beat her. You do know what happens when a person eats too much of something too fast right? You see where this is going.

So said child got his brain freeze on and beat the previous winner...

Grayson ate 50oz of frozen yogurt YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT....only to smile for his picture for the store and proceed outside and decorate their sidewalk PURPLE. I think his flavor was razzleberry or something. I wasn't there to stop the child...I mean who wants to see their kid (or any person) eat until sick just to win a challenge! It broke my heart that he hurt the rest of the night....I thought about and and realized that he needed to hurt to learn a lesson.
Did he? Not sure...I know he liked winning and felt horrible later....

NOT GET THIS...someone came in the next week and beat his record so he DIDN'T win the gift card! hahaha...sorry couldn't help laughing!
(thankfully no pictures to go w/this story)

OHHH LA LA...it's been a while since I've done a Menu Board for you...and sorry...don't get excited about the menu...I'm feeling quite lame in the creative menu design department...

I was craving my easy chicken salad on croissants tonight...so yep that's what we're having!

quick and easy....buy gorgeous fluffy croissants...rotisserie chicken...onion....pecans....mayo...celery

shred chicken...add chopped pecans, onion, and celery...mix mayo and s&p and boom...
You've got a fantastic meal!!!

For lunch I'm craving a grilled crunchy peanut butter sandwich. I'd have a glass of milk with it, but I swore I thought I had a gallon in the other fridge...so yesterday when I did my shopping I only bought 1 gallon. (for a total of 2) Guess what? There wasn't any milk in the other fridge....and the jug I did buy rolled out the back of the suburban when I opened the back....bam! It gushed all over my driveway. I was soooo upset....
Oldest child said the old saying..."don't cry over spilled milk!" I said you do when it's organic and the price tag is rolling down the driveway! boohoo!!!

Comments

Neely said…
The yogurt story is KIND of funny. I love yogurt so I would totally do that
hahaha dont cry over spilled milk!
Shannon said…
You always make me laugh! Your oldest is so cute! I still don't know how you do it with your growing clan of kiddos!
Lori said…
Hopefully his craziness and competeitive drive will turn into ambition and drive when he enters the workforce! Don't discourage all of his craziness :)
I just discovered your blog and I'm a new follower. I'd totally cry over spilt organic milk or spilt freshly pumped breast milk..true story, because I DID in fact cry when I realized my fiance left out 6 ounces of freshly pumped breast milk over night when my son was a newborn..

Popular Posts